Anyone know more?Sabula,Iowa/Savannah,Illinois horse thieves treasure question.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Anyone know more?Sabula,Iowa/Savannah,Illinois horse thieves' treasure question.

There is a treasure lead with some vague information (only) floating around. It seems legitimate to me, though. I say this because several well respected and reputable authors have included this information in their books for years now. This one has to do with some horse thieves that got caught and were chased. Some say they fled south of Sabula, Iowa, which is right on the mighty Mississippi River. Some say they crossed the river and then fled south from Savannah, Illinois. And, the story states that thier money was buried/hidden before they fled. I would like to know if any of you wonderful people here in "treasurent-land" know any pertinent details like: WHO gave chase?WHAT exact year? HOW many rustlers? WHY do all the stories state that their money was buried before they fled? Where they all killed? Or, were they hung? Lot of questions with this one, but as I said, I do believe it is a legitimate lead and did happen. steven.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Re: Anyone know more?Sabula,Iowa/Savannah,Illinois horse thieves' treasure question.

original story appeared in "the banditti of the prairies" by edward bonny. it is the autobiography of a mid-1850s bounty hunter. Many editions exist and should either be in your local library or available through interlibrary loan. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Re: Anyone know more?Sabula,Iowa/Savannah,Illinois horse thieves' treasure quest

Siegfried Schlagrule said:
original story appeared in "the banditti of the prairies" by edward bonny. it is the autobiography of a mid-1850s bounty hunter. Many editions exist and should either be in your local library or available through interlibrary loan. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule
THNAKS a bunch, siegfried!! This sounds like exactly what I was looking for, which was as close to a first-hand account of the event as possible!! But, are sure of the title? "banditti"? Maybe it is "bandits"???? steven.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Anyone know more?Sabula,Iowa/Savannah,Illinois horse thieves' treasure quest

google SS info youll see its banditti

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Re: Anyone know more?Sabula,Iowa/Savannah,Illinois horse thieves' treasure question.

that's the way they talked back then and banditti is correct title. They also usually had an enormous subtitle that most people ignore when searching for them. regards, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread