Anyone know of large or small "Treasures" lost or hid in Virginia

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know of large or small "Treasures" lost or hid in Virginia

Virginia is the captial of Civil War relics.

But how about small personal treasures that were hid.

Like a jar of coins that Unckle Joe hid, For hard times

Or, Jake the Moon Shiner, that had his bank in the hill's. Not to far from his still.

A lot of familes have a storie about one of their kin having hid some small "treasure"

Here is the place to put your story, about your familes lost treasure.

Roadquest

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: Anyone know of large or small "Treasures" lost or hid in Virginia

:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: STARBUCKS! Rq, yer correct; grew up in the Shenandoah Valley, where "Yanks" burned ALL the way down from Winchester to Roanoke; MOST family "caches" were buried in the hills and mountains... SOME on farms. MOST were NEVER found, and Roanoke, Va. is missing TONS of family stuff. MOST THers focus on CW relics, BUT! in terms of $$$$$$$$$$$$, the "family caches" are the "way to go". :D :wink:

K

Kentucky Kache

Rebel - KGC said:
MOST THers focus on CW relics, BUT! in terms of $$$$$$$$$$$$, the "family caches" are the "way to go". :D :wink:

And they're a lot more fun. To me, at least. :icon_thumright:

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta

Here is a little something for someone that is interested in treasure in Montvale Virginia.

In the fall, as winter sets in, as the sun rises, watch the shadow that is casts by the peaks of otter, as they come down on the western hills. Mark the place where the shadows of the eastern mountians are all showing some light just above them on the western hills, "when all is equal", then mark the place the the peaks point too. Now when the sun sets and the shadows of the western hills rise to the eastern side, Mark the place that the first marker makes as the shadows get just before they breach the eastern hills. This will mark the place of a lost treasure burried some 200 years ago by several villages from the time.

These directions I got from what are known as "THE BEALE CODES". Good luck, for those whom wish to check out these dirrections. I must add that there may be a pile of rubble hiding the entrance to the cave and that there may be traps that are still set once you get inside the cave. You will know, if you something in the area that would pass as a Indian sacrifice, just outside the entrance, If you see something that fits that discription,you must then look just inside the cave for two men bound by thier hands. IF YOU SEE THESE TWO MEN "STOP". Do not go past them or one of the traps will go off, as you pass by them.
If you don't find these signs then your good to go in. BUT if you DO find two men bound together, then contact me for info on how to pass without tripping the trap.

K

Kentucky Kache

Can you tell how you got this from the Beal codes?

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta

Cache Crazy said:
Can you tell how you got this from the Beal codes?
Well. I took the D.O.I and put the corisponding word with the numbers given and then I read it as if each word represented another meaning.
By doing this the story goes, At a time when the new people came and declared rights by way of god himself to conquer the new world which belonged rightfully to the natives of the land. These natives were raped pillaged and burnt out of the villages and driven off. these natives gathered thier valuables, hoping that one day someone with thier rights in mind would come and use this money to get back what belonged to the natives in the first place. The codes speak of the peaks of otter and the mountian range leading north from them, as generals leading thier army to battle, It speaks of a train station, (wagon train perhaps) and how the natives are equal to the new people and the time will come when they are seen as equals in the eyes of men as it is in the eyes of god.

One code told of the treasure that was buried, and the story of what caused the event is in another code. The last code, the one with the nubers greater then the amount of words in the D.O.I is the one that discribes the locations of all the relitives of the men that hid the treasure. this code has to have the other two in order to see all of the names and addresses.the bigger numbers are the house numbers of the relitives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread