Anyone Know The General Area Of Morgan Stream?

Lucid_Lunatic

Greenie
Nov 7, 2008
Holly Pond
Detector(s) used
Nose
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I have spent alot of years checking out old historic places in Alabama. I'm based in Holly Pond, just east of Cullman. I do alot of hunting for arrowheads and bluff digs. I also dig around old homesites and bottle dumps. I had ran across some information about a "ghost town" called Morgan Stream in Etowah county. I was just wondering if anyone had some information on it and where it could be located. I found a few things on the net about it and it said the old place was still accessable by 4-wheel drive, but no info on where or how to get there.

Any info is appreciated!

Also, I'm on disability, so I have alot of free time on my hands. If someone would like to go hunting with me pretty much any day, give me a shout. We can go to some of my spots or yours. I don't own a metal detector at the moment, but would be more than happy to show someone around more than 50 old 1800's homesites I know of in the imediate area if they could bring an extra one. Or maybe just do some bluff digging or scouting through the woods. I'm pretty much an adventurer by nature, fishing, caving, finding old historic spots, etc. I've also got a 4-wheel drive so we can get to those more remote locations!

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
Lucid Lunatic...if you would like someone to hunt old dumps for bottles just let me know. I used to collect glassware but was becoming addicted beyond my means if you catch my drift. I only have the one detector but I would be willing to dig every now and then. I'm retired so my time is somewhat flexible. I'm new to this area(4 years ago) so I'm not that familiar with the back roads. George

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, all that sound really fun, especially the bottling, my wife loves to find old bottles and I have jsut grown to appreciate the hobby. I am self employed and my off time is somewhat limited between work, Boy Scouts and family life.

OP
OP
Lucid_Lunatic

Lucid_Lunatic

Greenie
Nov 7, 2008
Holly Pond
Detector(s) used
Nose
chefman said:
Lucid Lunatic...if you would like someone to hunt old dumps for bottles just let me know. I used to collect glassware but was becoming addicted beyond my means if you catch my drift. I only have the one detector but I would be willing to dig every now and then. I'm retired so my time is somewhat flexible. I'm new to this area(4 years ago) so I'm not that familiar with the back roads. George

I was raised here, but I actually know pretty much every road, backroad and log trail around North Alabama. I've spent most of my life out in the woods exploring all over North-Central Alabama. Anytime you get ready to go, hit me up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread