anyone know these names?

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey,

I just came across (today) an assortment of bottles and pieces of broken ceramics. One tiny bottle I have found stands about 2 1/2 to 3 inches tall. One inch wide, and has a couple of things written on it. 1: Sani Glas (near bottom) 2: Brockway (underside of bottle)

It has 3 1/2 written on one side, and numbers going up on both sides. It has a black plastic screw cap, so I know it's not too terribly old.

I also have a piece of broken ceramic With the name Homer Laugh(something). Underneath that it says Virginia R. Under that: Made in u and under that: H 47
Above the name there is a design with a backward letter C attached to a letter L which is attached to a foward letter C.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx!

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
2nd one is Homer Laughlin, most likely. They were founded in the early 1870's and still exist today. Offhand I don't know much about the Brockway bottle co., but I noticed some of these sani-glas bottles are listed on eBay. A google search could reveal much info. Welcome to TreasureNet, by the way!

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Sani-Glass seems to have been a Brockway trade name used on medicine bottles.

The Brockway Glass Company, Brockway, PA was in operation from 1907 to 1988. A cursive "Brockway" embossed on the base is often c. 1950's-70's.

The Carr-Lowrey Glass Company, Baltimore, MD was founded in 1889 and, as far as I know, has remained in existence ever since. However, I believe the mark you describe (often misread as "C.L.C.CO.") was mainly used before 1920.

OP
OP
wormnblack

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
thanks guys for the input. I found the pieces on my grandfathers's old family farm. His grandparents bought the place from someone around 1814-1816 (estimated guess). That log cabin burned when he was two, and the family moved to another area of the farm and this house was what my father originally grew up in till about 8-I think; until IT TOO burned down. The place was bulldozed some years ago, and I was metal detecting today when I decided to "dig in the trash." I found a total of 50 or 51 UNbroken bottles, and several pieces of ceramic pieces. The one I stated earlier was the only piece so far with any writing on it. Most of the bottles, by the way, were wesson cooking oil, medicine bottles, and the rest I don't have a clue about. Three of them appear to be a perfume bottle (all the same kind).

I appreciate the invite. I've been using the forum for a couple of weeks when I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Have I mentioned I'm loving it?! :D

R

redneckinwayz

Sounds like you are really getting in to it. Congrats on the finds..

OP
OP
wormnblack

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yeah, And I've only scratched the surface! I'm gonna sift the whole area. It may take awhile, but I'm betting there is treasure in that area, too! Thanx!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread