**Anyone know what this is?? Help would be appreciated

Feb 5, 2013
Springfield mo
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20. Mostly creek hunting.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was doing some detecting in the ava, missouri area around what I had been told was an old home that had burned. Found this and several other things, but this is what has got me curious. What exactly is this? Looks to be copper. Maybe from a mailbox, but why would it only have one hole instead of two for hanging on a mail box? ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Diggin Missouri

Attachments

• olatag.jpg
    olatag.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0

belliott

Apr 1, 2011
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I doubt it was on a mailbox. It could be an old dog tag or just a identification tag someone had on a tool or lunch box.

Coureur de Bios

Feb 5, 2013
NW Lower Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Trapped here in Michigan for many years. A tag such as that was required attached to each trap. Don't know if that was a requirement where it was found, but would be my humble opinion.

OP
OP
D
Feb 5, 2013
Springfield mo
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20. Mostly creek hunting.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trapped here in Michigan for many years. A tag such as that was required attached to each trap. Don't know if that was a requirement where it was found, but would be my humble opinion.

It is a trap tag for sure. Thanks to my fellow diggers for helping me out. I found a few on google that are almost an exact match. Going out tomorrow to dig in Springfield. Thanks for the help and "Dig on"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread