Anyone mark their hunted rolls?

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes get rolls that are stamped with a skull and bones here in Upstate NY.....lol......i guess I have a silver pirate in my neck of the woods!!

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up at the same banks I drop off at,the tellers at one are really nice and know my mark and know not to give those to me :D

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. But every once in a while I'll tag about $1000 worth.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a guy on here that sprayed ? 30 boxes a week. Orange red green all the colors of the rain bow. Am not saying any names? Its a great way to track your coins

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a guy on here that sprayed ? 30 boxes a week. Orange red green all the colors of the rain bow. Am not saying any names? Its a great way to track your coins
Wonder who that was?????

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look for a big "OTL" on the obverse. ;-)

OTL-- Funny you should mention your mark. Today I just went through 6 skunk boxes that were chock-full of your "OTL" marked halves. There must have been at least 20 in each box. Yesterday I slogged through yet another 6 skunk boxes that had a ton of another person's dump (bunch of gold painted ones).

As of today, my skunk streak now stands at 22 consecutive boxes with nothing... with the last 54 boxes giving up a TOTAL of only TWO 40%ers. That's it.

Columbus must be this month's destination for the nation's dumps!! Fun, fun, fun! :laughing7:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that's just cruel :hello:

Whats worse are the idiots that think it's funny to spray the coins Silver, talk about a PITA to search, find another color guys, stupid. HH, Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find green and orange spraypainted often...

Tons of sharpie marks, too many to list...

Then some silver rims, some are from buffalo boy, the others have a thick black sharpie mark on the right side of the face...

Have found about 15-20 spraypainted or electroplated silver clad halves...

OP
OP
S

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't pick up and drop off at the same bank, you will get cut off.

I know the teller from church too, I still do good from there and it's one of my main banks, lately though ive been trying different ones to give it a break .

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi 323GTX, Sorry to hear you're getting all of those skunks but it is interesting to learn where my coins have gone to. I'm guessing that you pick up from a Brinks bank? Who did you pawn them off on? Somebody else?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread