Anyone marking rolls with AB in southwest michigan?

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
timbobwey said:
I keep getting customer rolls marked AB at like 2 of my banks, just seeing if anyone has those initials in the southwest michigan area. Would like to see all the banks they use for dumps. I'm getting frustrated here.

Not me but I have gotten some of them myself. I got another guy in my backyard dumping at all the BOA's and his rolls are simply tagged with a pink highlighter across the words $10 HALVES $10 I would like to introduce him to the coin counter. ???

Mojo

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know.. The bank I got these from today has a coin counter, and all these were rolled. Marked AB on all my rolls I got.. I did happen to get an NIFC that they missed though. Hehehehe. Sometimes people miss them, and I still look through them all for the years. I went through some quarters today too, and got a strange proof looking Canadian coin from Alberta, not sure if it's worth much, but indeed a foreign coin to add to my collection.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
timbobwey said:
I know.. The bank I got these from today has a coin counter, and all these were rolled. Marked AB on all my rolls I got.. I did happen to get an NIFC that they missed though. Hehehehe. Sometimes people miss them, and I still look through them all for the years. I went through some quarters today too, and got a strange proof looking Canadian coin from Alberta, not sure if it's worth much, but indeed a foreign coin to add to my collection.

Here's some more info on your Canadian find:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter_(Canadian_coin)#Commemorative_reverses

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool... It doesn't really tell me anything about the coin though. How do I know if it was a first strike?? It is definately the 2005 alberta centennial coin though.. If it is a first strike it is a great coin to have.

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
How far southwest? I dont mark them but I go up that way sometimes I know there are others up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread