anyone near Fayette County Pa

W

whites6000inPa

I am in nearby Greene County....5 miles from Point Marion.....and 7 miles from Masontown.

I'm not sure what kind of help I could be....tell me more...do you have a machine?....

Wyatt

OP
OP
B

BOBOANDPOOH

Hello
I have a pioneer 202 bounty hunter and would like to learn all of the tricks of this trade as it seems like a wonderful hobby

W

whites6000inPa

I have never seen one of those machines.....so I don't know how much help I can be. I have used an analog machine (a meter rather than digital) for 19 years.....and the new ones befuddle me. I'm an "old fart" at 48...."way too analog" as the commercial says.

I just know my machine works for me, because I have logged the hours to become familiar with it. That is the whole trick. Intuition, luck, and to a certain extent...skill...all play a part in your abaility to be successful.

It all starts in the instruction manual. You need to thoroughly understand the machine's tuning or you won't ever become truly successful with it.

Wyatt

OP
OP
B

BOBOANDPOOH

Age is a number and I just need to know what I am doing wrong and such as I feel so dumb as the book really doesn't help any

W

whites6000inPa

I will try and help you. We need to get together and go someplace where there are things to be found. I left 50 or more penny/dime signals untouched at a local high school tonight, choosing instead to only dig quarter readings (got nearly 10 bucks)......so the place is not an issue. We need to settle on a time and a place to meet.

I can probably help....we'll ID a target with my old 6000DI Pro......and then you scan it and we'll see how your machine reacts. You get to keep everything you dig.....and this place has stuff to dig....guaranteed.

Wyatt

OP
OP
B

BOBOANDPOOH

no we will share everything we find and you know the redstone middle school as I thought there would be good

W

whites6000inPa

I don't know where that is......what town?

Wyatt

OP
OP
B

BOBOANDPOOH

republic as the middle school is now torn down

W

whites6000inPa

Republic is between Masontown and Uniontown...No?

Wyatt

W

whites6000inPa

I've always wanted to do Kennywood.......man, the stuff that's been lost there over the years :o

Wyatt

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
you don't want to be in the same area with a nother m'decting pal your metal detctor goses crazy mike in atlanta

W

whites6000inPa

It depends......2 identical machines operating at the same frequency will interfere with one another, but I can use my whites right next to my buddy's minelab...and they don't even know that the other machine is around.

Wyatt

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
thanks wyatt i was with my budy and we had the same MD 's and it was hell mike in atlanta

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread