Anyone need some bullets? and other fun stuff

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yesterday was up in the forties! (which is not bad considering its winter!) So I took out my detector who had been calling me from under the bed. (You know that feeling. I was beginning to have treasure hunting withdrawal symptoms, including fabulous relic hunting dreams:laughing7:) So I went to the old farm road. Everything was looking good, but then I got to the road, and there was still like an inch of snow on it. I went down the road and my heart sunk, as there were very few places not covered with snow. Trying to make the best of it, I found some signals in the dirt patches and went to dig, and the dirt was hard as rock. NOOO!!!! It's all over now, I though. Walking across the farm field on the side of the road though felt squishy. Surprisingly enough, the field on one side of the road was easily dig-able, while the road and the other field were rock hard. So I started getting signals, and found some nice old shotgun shells. Then I got a nice high tone, and stuck my trowel in the ground and out popped some tiny bullet shells. 10 minutes later I had amassed 19 bullets from that ONE hole. Then on the hillside, I found this big chain with a hook. By thn it was getting dark, so on the way back I hit another high tone. I had already told myself no more as it was getting dark. "Oh alright you can dig ONE more that's it". It was another hole chock full of bullets!
I like collecting the old shotgun and rifle shells. Id don't think the little shells have any desire or value what so ever? but I think they are cool as they are old relics. What counts is I had fun!
IMG_1987[1].JPG IMG_1998[1].JPG IMG_1994[2].JPG

Upvote 7

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had fun that is a plus.Now you have a bunch of brass to clean up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting finds! Today in MA was a very good weather day to hunt! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff I also went out in Mi broke my shovel on the frozen ground much better today found 1921 morgan silver dollar trust me that is a first for me I needed to get out as well.

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know right! It was great to get out and go hunting. I just got my Fisher F4 on Christmas and two days later it snowed. So it was nice.

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I saw your post for the silver dollar. Awesome! I would LOVE to find something like that. Hopefully all the ground can thaw soon, because I got a few nice high signals, but I couldn't dig them. (Please don't let them be pull tabs or cans!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread