Anyone out here willing to sell a cob....preferably 1715 fleet

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant offer too much for an item such as this as i have little money as is, but im willing to give what i can. I've wanted one since i first read about this, i even went to such great length as to talk to "frogfoot" over the phone after hours of searching for a number i could reach him at (probably would have been easier if i knew his name or nickname at the time). I was offered a couple years ago (2-4) to take a dive with a group at the site, unfortunatly im in wisconsin and money constraits permit me from the trip. If anyone has a recognizable coin they would be willing to sell for a fair price, please let me know.

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Alpha,
Go to the top of this header and open up Sedwick Treasure Coins. Dan (friend of mine) Sedwick well known in the numismatic world ... always has coins for sale and at a decent price, most with certificates! The coins are graded from grade 1 to 6 with 6 being the least expensive, tho not much detail if any on a 6.

Too bad you didn't get one from Bob "Frogfoot" Weller (personal friend and mentor) while he was still around. If I find a chest full this year... I'll give you one! :icon_pirat:

Nothing like finding your own!!!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

1715 Plate Fleet, east coast of Florida
Mexico, silver cobs.

8 reales, (1)714, oM(J), weak but certain date and oM, the rest of the coin quite corroded, from the Regla site. $110

8 reales, Philip V, AVERAGE QUALITY, assayers not visible, corroded (some thin) but with recognizable shields and crosses, at least a couple with denomination visible, most lightly toned, 5 left! d020807133024 $75 each

½ real, 1710, oMJ, rare with 100% full date, bold oMJ, nearly full but corroded cross, attractively toned.

Jimi D Pirate

OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never asked him about getting one, didnt want to come off rude to him. He was a very nice guy though from our conversation. He told me he didnt go out anymore when i asked him about it because of his health. Site looks nice....unfortunatly i cant see anything on the computer pics so i will have to look it up at home (I'm at work currently). And btw....Ill take you up on that offer WHEN you find said chest =)

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
LOL :D When?... could be any year now!

Our company IMR will carry on Bob's legacy and he will always be with the team in spirit.

Jimi D Pirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread