Anyone out there used the Jimmy Sierra 15 inch coil?

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Hello,

I originally posted a request trying to find a used 12" Hot Shot coil. Now I'm getting an offer for a 15" Magnum coil, and I've never even heard of one before. Does anyone know how the 15" does in general, and on a White's XLT in particular? Does anyone have any specs on this coil? What years it was made, etc? I tried to find it on Jimmy Sierra's site, but I was unsuccessful. Has it been discontinued? If so, why? I'd appreciate any help that might be out there.

Thanks,

Mike

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
I tried it some back when I was a dealer. It makes the machine front heavy and hunting is a bit awkward. Also, doesn't really pinpoint that well.

As you can tell, I wasn't a huge fan. It might do well with a taller person. I'm only 5-7.

Just my opinion of course.

Burt

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
It is still on the Jimmy Sierra website under coils, then scroll down to Magnum Force coils. They show it listed as unavailable. But it is lighter than the White's 15 inch Maxima coil and I think detects deeper than the Maxima also.

OP
OP
MikeOregon

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Thanks!

Based on the info I have collected, I think this is more coil than I want. The Jimmy Sierra site says it's designed to find items the size of coffee cans or larger, and that's not what I had in mind.

Thanks to those who replied!

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread