Anyone Remember This Story?

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
I remember seeing, several years ago, a story of a lady that found a meteorite on the family farm. She was detecting and her husband was fishing. It was a very rare meteorite. I've searched back and cannot find it. Seems like the Title was something like: I thought I would have a heart attack. Or...I thought they would have to call an ambulance for a heart attack? Something similar. It's a great find. I'd love to re-read that, and see if an appraisal was done on the meteorite. Thanks for any help, from anyone. If you find it, please post it on this thread.

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't remember that story. The first Gloretta meteorite was found on a farm in Canyoncito New Mexico but it was in the 1890's. Maybe someone else.

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks hvacker! No, this was a new find. 3 or 4 years ago.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not much info to go on to really use google effectively, I think. The book Meteorites A to Z only lists all finds/falls through 2008. Here is a list that reaches 2009, maybe it's on that list. Maybe best bet is to run the question by a well known meteorite dealer. The dealers don't miss much in the meteorite community.

Meteorite fall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
OP
detectit

detectit

Jan 24, 2009
Not much info to go on to really use google effectively, I think. The book Meteorites A to Z only lists all finds/falls through 2008. Here is a list that reaches 2009, maybe it's on that list. Maybe best bet is to run the question by a well known meteorite dealer. The dealers don't miss much in the meteorite community.

Meteorite fall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah. she had posted it here at Treasurenet. I remember coming back and seeing a BANNER. It maybe too far back for me to search here. Its about 4-5 years ago I read it. Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread