Anyone Seen/Heard from Patches63

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after i contacted you trying to get in touch with patch ,ha p.m.ed me. i got his address and shipped his hose and nozzel.he contacted me to let me know all was good with our trade.and he was very satisfied , i was very satisfied as well. so that was a good trade for both of us.he said he was having trouble with internet.maybe that is the case.i hope all is well with him.

OP
OP
H

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx S--I know where he lives in the hills but want to let'm know I'm a coming to see'm prior to arrival--always try to let folks know so as to not get into any "situations"-thanx again but I've talked to'm multiple times since your deal(great seller/buyer!!)-John

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck john, hope he is well. tell him strick said hi- hope his pans {and yours } are full.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad all is well patch . hope your pans are full !!!!!

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Patches, I don't know you, but if you hadn't shown up, I was going to claim that you owed me $20! LOL, just kidding. Glad all is well! Hope it was a productive summer! K-

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
tx guys,snow level is up,rain is coming down.am servicing pumps and gear today.will be tossing up some more ancient channel mine workings next couple days.dredge ban(instream)in cali has caused me to do the sort of mining i only used to think about.necessity IS the mother of all improvisation.john,been trying to post an animated 3d map file on your franklin mine post over at gd.com,but it wont load.is an avi file,an i am no rocket scientist.which explains the layoff notice from nasa. :read2:sixteen dollars?I dont have twelve dollars. :laughing7:

Attachments

• 1119001412a.jpg
    1119001412a.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 278
OP
OP
H

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: C C C C C cold and crappy over the hill P63 and hope your nice and warm bud as new storm today and another lil' one sunday night. Ol man winters just plowing us under-John :help:

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i might have to try booming ,found a good place up above the creek . i still have a good bit of firehose left and need a way to work old tailings .

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
yup,old tailings can be good,bout what i have here.sometimes find patches/pockets of claypack/flat cobbles on bedrock that could be unworked till now,but booming unlike dredging has no visual opportunity while sampling the layers.have always read/been told that early hydraulic/groundsluice ops purposely lost 50 percent of the fines,in order to run 3x yardage,thus making twice the pay.wasnt there,wouldnt know.but those tailings do carry gold.and the occasional unworked bedrock/hidden crevice,now much foliated/decomposed.would not even know a hidden impacted crevice had ever been there,just that some cleanups are so much better than others.one of my wild hypotheseses.(i whistle my sss) :laughing7:anyhow wet winter upon us,back to the gravity boomer/highbanker drawing board.sunup will drag another 200 foot of 2inch poly over to the digs.ace hardware loves to see me in town,fittings clamps ad naseum.learned to buy 4 of everything,price of gas you know.luck.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very interesting thread. By the way, Patches, what the heck is booming? (Dryland dredging?) I'm out of my comfort zone on this one. If you have a little time, can you elaborate or PM me with details? It looks quite fascinating--I just don't know a thing about it.

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Strickman--I'll give it a go!

All the best,

Lanny

Had a look and found one linked to the one you gave me where Dave McCracken explains booming.

Thanks Strickman--opens a whole new world of possibilities.

My apologies to the thread starter (sorry John) for interrupting--just really wanted to know what booming was. :dontknow:

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
hey lanny,booming is a semantic term for uh,shallow water suction nozzle uh,deployment.301 feet or further from any active watercourse here in cali.active watercourse being a fluid term. while it makes possible the use of equipment otherwise not allowed(within 300 feet),booming presents new challenges in adaptation. volume/pressures reduced at these distances from pump location,mean multi-pumps,viability of available deposit within reach of equipment/water available the major obstacle for me at least.spent a month on a nearby ground sluice(spare time) two pumps, one 370 feet downhill to a 4inch suction nozzle,smaller pump sidehill from a swimming pool for supplemental/blasting water.google search midwest prospector supply,watch the dryland dredge nozzle video there,that one gave me some ideas/headstart.currently debugging a 600 foot gravity pressure line for these purposes,runs my 2.5 nicely,but needs a few upgrades for the 4.btw love the pics you post.is that a mini 6 dredge or a 5?bear stinger looks good 2.luck

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I've PM'd you some responses. Thanks for all of the info. as well.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread