Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not but have know of people who have dealt with him, and they have had no problems whatsoever. I have emailed him with a couple of bullion questions, and would have no hesitation myself to deal with him.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, a couple of times.

A couple of hints on sending gold/silver to anybody. You will have trouble insuring it because no paper trail. You are sending it, so no matter what you claim is in the box the insurance company will deny the claim even though you paid for a certain value.

I have gone to both of these companies:
http://www.shipsurance.com https://delta.u-pic.com
and had long conversations to see if there is any way they would insure and actually payout if something happened. They both would not insure a shipment if I sent something in for refining. Basically because the refinery did not place an order with me, in writing.

They did say if I sold the exact same thing on ebay, because there is a paper trail of what has been ordered and shipped no problem.

What I do is send priority mail and add delivery confirmation. I do not put it in their tiny priority mail flat rate box. Those are so small they could easily get lost (stolen) I get a medium size brown box and just tape the gold to the inside wall. Then I ship that priority mail. Usually costs close to the same because it is so light. A big box is harder to get stolen and it is so light weight a thief might not be tempted.

Never a problem yet.

Icandigit

Aug 1, 2006
Plymouth,NE
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard from him lately? I emailed him a couple weeks ago as I wanted to sell some gold and never heard back from him.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've never had jewelerdave respond to any email, but he pretty much always answers the phone. I'm not comfortable passing out someone else's number.......he has posted pictures of his business card with his number prominently displayed on the forum. Shouldn't take much effort to find.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant see any reason to sell to any "middleman".... I sell directly to the refiner.. 98% payout, and I can even request a hold at a certain price... Sent another small batch in today.. Gold currently at $1270 an ounce..

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Silver Surfer said:
I cant see any reason to sell to any "middleman".... I sell directly to the refiner.. 98% payout, and I can even request a hold at a certain price... Sent another small batch in today.. Gold currently at $1270 an ounce..

I thought Dave was a refiner

Icandigit

Aug 1, 2006
Plymouth,NE
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he is a refiner from what I've seen and he is supposed to be fair. Think I will just call him but it's tempting to hold it for a while longer to see what it does. Glad I didn't sell 2 years ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread