Anyone selling wheat cents?

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Are you paying 6 cents per, or what... I mean.. have you ever heard of a site called EiBai... I mean dang.. what do you want wheat pennies for anyways.. are you looking for a certain date? If so, which one.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FiresEye said:
Are you paying 6 cents per, or what... I mean.. have you ever heard of a site called EiBai... I mean dang.. what do you want wheat pennies for anyways.. are you looking for a certain date? If so, which one.
:icon_scratch:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
enamel7 said:
FiresEye said:

Just curious, are you going to scratch your head or give something useful?

I myself have pulled a handfull of wheats froms rolls.. Anyone know about how much a wheat is worth for "worthless dates"?
surely they are worth more than the copper value.. My guess is a good 20 cents per.

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
FiresEye said:
enamel7 said:
FiresEye said:

I myself have pulled a handfull of wheats froms rolls.. Anyone know about how much a wheat is worth for "worthless dates"?

surely they are worth more than the copper value.. My guess is a good 20 cents per.

Wheat cents are worth 3-4 cents a piece in bulk for random dates that have obviously been searched. These can be easily found without purchasing overpriced crap on Feebay :icon_scratch:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
silvereagle78 said:
FiresEye said:
enamel7 said:
FiresEye said:

Wheat cents are worth 3-4 cents a piece in bulk for random dates that have obviously been searched. These can be easily found without purchasing overpriced crap on Feebay :icon_scratch:

That's decent flip profit..
But a normal 1970 cent is worth 3-4 cents in copper value...
SO yeah, that's a rip off, IMO.. I wouldent let even searched wheats go for less than 10 cents

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
FiresEye said:
enamel7 said:
FiresEye said:

Chill out man. 6 cents is high for a common wheat to me. They advertise locally paying 3 cents per. Just not that much demand and you can go buy them for face if you want.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I forgot you were new here. You sounded like a harda$$ to the initial post then smart off about me giving input. You kinda remind me of someone that was posting here. What do you think Jeff? ::)
Reread your 1st post and tell me how it sounds.
HH
enamel7

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
enamel7 said:
Sorry, I forgot you were new here. You sounded like a harda$$ to the initial post then smart off about me giving input. You kinda remind me of someone that was posting here. What do you think Jeff? ::)
Reread your 1st post and tell me how it sounds.
HH
enamel7

Yeah, sounds like Fireseye is a bit young but that's just my guess.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FiresEye said:
That's decent flip profit..
But a normal 1970 cent is worth 3-4 cents in copper value...
SO yeah, that's a rip off, IMO.. I wouldent let even searched wheats go for less than 10 cents

A 1970 cent is not worth 3-4 cents. It's worth 2.6 cents today (http://coinflation.com/). But that's the melt value. No one is going to give you that for them because they can't be melted at this time. And wheat cents are still so plentiful that they sell for 3 to 4 cents each. Expecting to get 10 cents for a common date wheat is dreaming.

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
Just as a reminder to long time posters and lurkers. There is an ignore poster feature.
I've used it recently.

kalebdad

Sep 24, 2010
It just so happens a lady that works for me brought in a ton of wheats. I don't have a count but can get one. I don't do pennies but I am sure I can sell them for her. PM me.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
WrapNRoll said:
Anyone looking to sell their wheat cents outright in bulk?

Thanks

Dave

Wheats go fro about 3 cents each. Copper memorials go for about 1.6 cents per. That's the real prices that you should be lookig at. Please ignore the rude commenter above that seems a little aggatated. And don't pay 10 cents per wheat for common dates. lol

Hey Fireseye - if you think they are worth 20 cents a piece, and wouldn't sell for less than 10 cents each, I'll give you a bargain. 5 cents per wheat. Sell them at 10 cents and double your money. :icon_thumleft: How many you want at 5 cents each?

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BttleDiggerDrew said:
Hey meng, don't hate on the wheaties...lol 20 yrs from now they will be all out of circulation and watch those prices jump...I guess you don't fish, because patience is a virtue.. ;D

They will all be out of circulation. But there will still be millions upon millions of them. I can go to my local coin store now and the guy has a big box filled with them that he'd be glad to get rid of. You won't get them in change but you also won't have to look very hard to find them. They will always carry only a small premium over melt price. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't collect them. After all, you are getting them at face value. So I'm not hating on them. Just being realistic as to what their potential price might be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread