Anyone still hunting here but not at the beach?

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spend the fall on top of the frozen ground hunting other things. (see avatar)

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
no thanks. I have decided to send my 2500 in for recalibrating over the winter and maybe get the new chip installed.

Can't do much else except for research. Already started doing that.

emesis

Mar 12, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
You can still hunt the woods. The leaves keep the ground from freezing untill it gets consistantly cold. Be careful because it's hunting season, where red or orange so you won't end up as someones wall mount. Go on sunday when hunting is not allowed. Where in ct are you from?

pfp

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Danbury. I did the shore this past Sunda. The sand was very workable and the weather was great! Getting to know my new toy, it was fun! Being a newbie, getting thru the learning curve, found some clad. Had a half hour and did a little in the back yard today found my first ring!! I think its silver, one of those multy bands from the 70s & 80s.

OP
OP
lafatlife

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Congrats on the finds!! If I were closer to the beach I would probably hit it more often. I am at least 45 minutes away and that would be west haven beach.

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Heck..went detecting New Years Day... and even the beach was frozen.. :tard:...even the wet stuff...I had to laugh when my digger bounced off the sand...The woods are still snow covered where I am...Hit the beach last weekend...some clad...and a 1941 wheatie. :thumbsup:...

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 261

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still looking for friends to search parks and beaches in and around Bridgeport. Have detector, but, now car.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions