Anyone Swinging the GO-FIND 60?

BigMerv

Jul 29, 2013
Jackson, MS Metro Area
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3300 with 4", 8", and 10" coils. Time Ranger with 4", 8", 10", and F4 11" DD coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have one and have logged a lot of time on it. I was very fortunate that my finds with it by the 2nd day exceed the the cost so it paid for its self. I will have to say that even though it is very light and for me worked well I think that unless you need the fold up feature I would suggest that maybe you look at one of the standard style detectors which are very light and have some kind of ground balancing in their menu.

KaitoNation

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bowinkles can you suggest a few types of detectors that are in the same price point as the go find that have better features and at light?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know for my area that ground balancing has not been an issue but I did see where there were those in other areas that deemed that they wished for some a little better means ( manual) to adjust the ground balance when using the 60. Weight has always been a deciding factor with my choices of units. just read the specs of a proposed purchase and the selection should be the machine that best fits your needs.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used them, and they perform very well as an entry level machine. The auto ground balance is a feature not found at this price range, and really does help it perform well. The app will allow you to control the entire detector from your phone... but I recommend listening to either the built in speaker or plugging in your earbuds to the machine directly, as the bluetooth connection does lag a bit.
The only thing I see that I don't like is that the coil is fixed.

Back to the app - it does a good job at identifying coin targets... except it will ID zincolns as a penny, and copper pennies as a dime. All other modern change it IDs correctly to about 6 inches in depth.

If you get one, simply listen via the earbuds connected to the machine... and use the app for target ID, which it seems to do well to about 6 inches. Swinging it is easy, because its so light and compact. It really is a good bang for the buck, and I don't think you can go wrong choosing one.

Hope that helps!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions