Anyone trading the ratio?

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
Hey everyone! I mostly hang out over at the CRH forum but as a silver bug I come over here and check up every so often.

I wanted to check and see who was out there trading the gold/silver ratio and see what peoples thoughts/strategies were. I'm new to the ratio trade and would appreciate anyones wisdom or experiences. I thought about trading over to gold when the ratio hit 60 but did not thinking that it had some more room to go - wondering now if that was a mistake and the downward trend has been broken? Only time will tell. I have no solid evidence or information to draw from other than a GSR chart. I'm optimistic that long term we have long way to go for silver to catch up and would like to capitalize on the relative movements.

George

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to see commercials saying that silver is the next hot commodity.
Probably the same outfits that are trying to sell you gold.

Scott

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I think we are going to see a decent sized correction over the next couple of months in both gold and silver (as long as some major serious world event does not happen--Iran attacked, etc).

I think if that correction takes place silver will fall more than gold percentage wise and the ratio will widen back to the 70-80 range.

I have some extra money I have been holding to buy more gold and silver if we get a decent dip. If you are into trading ratios, it would not be a bad time to trade gold for silver if you can get 70+ ounces of silver for an ounce of gold after premiums are factored in.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread