Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i veiwed that video from another site. it was good looking machine! it is similar to the old McCain concentrator (not the McCain mini-concentrator) and it was great! one of our club members is going to buy one of these. ill see how it works out in march at our club outting/meeting.

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Just as soon as I can I am going to be using one to test and I am going to try as hard as I can to break the thing LOL, so far really good reports on the machine, only thing I have heard breaking in it was the spray and a guy slammed a shovel on the spray bar.

I haven't heard of anyone breaking a Le Trap and I have used one a few times and unless you bend it in half its pretty damn strong and they want $89.00 bucks for those and sell them all day long for a lousy piece of plastic, BUT they work well and are light weight.

I have put my whole weight on the G-1 frame and it didn't budge 265 pounds, your not going to break that thing. The bottom tray is flimsy but thats a good thing for cleaning it out. If theres gold where your at it's going to catch it long as you feed it right, takes 2 to tango.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
flyspekau said:
Just as soon as I can I am going to be using one to test and I am going to try as hard as I can to break the thing LOL, so far really good reports on the machine, only thing I have heard breaking in it was the spray and a guy slammed a shovel on the spray bar.

I haven't heard of anyone breaking a Le Trap and I have used one a few times and unless you bend it in half its pretty damn strong and they want $89.00 bucks for those and sell them all day long for a lousy piece of plastic, BUT they work well and are light weight.

I have put my whole weight on the G-1 frame and it didn't budge 265 pounds, your not going to break that thing. The bottom tray is flimsy but thats a good thing for cleaning it out. If theres gold where your at it's going to catch it long as you feed it right, takes 2 to tango.
Hey Flyspekau if/when you break that G-1 id like to have whats left of it!haha yep, their sluice looked a little filmsy but was supported very good so that shouldnt be any problem of breaking. i really like it but im wondering how good it would be on midwest glacial gold thats super fine?i guess we will see!

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Make your own High Banker out of aluminum using your own sluice box. It is less than $200 and that includes material, paying a welder to weld the aluminum, and to cut the pieces. It also includes the 1 inch PVC to make yourself a stand.

Attachments

• highbanker.jpg
    highbanker.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 527
  • High Banker2.jpg
    High Banker2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 496

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Thanks, Russ. The frame will also be the bed for a dredge add on to the Keene sluice. I will order the air jet from proline dredge, $115, and have my welder make the funnel and header......jim

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Russ the only thing flimsy on the G-1 is the bottom tray but thats basically so you can clean it up easilly other wise its a light weight tank.

Ewww I'd bust all that pvc pipe to hell LOL

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
flyspekau said:
Russ the only thing flimsy on the G-1 is the bottom tray but thats basically so you can clean it up easilly other wise its a light weight tank.

Ewww I'd bust all that pvc pipe to hell LOL
yes i understand that! and when its supported by the frame, its strong enough to do the job! i really like it.

OP
OP
S

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Been also checking out the Angus Mackirk Yukon and Klondike--wonder how they compare to the G-1?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions