L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep practicing and you may find treasures. Best of luck to you and your friends from Stratford Connecticut.

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep practicing and you may find treasures. Best of luck to you and your friends from Stratford Connecticut.

We are practicing on known targets that we have found hundreds of times. But... Not today at all...

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
And there you have it folks, I didn't need to put words in anyone's mouths. This is easier than debunking candidates in a presidential campaign shootout!

--Dave J.

PS to the dowsers: the cold wave messed y'all up between the ears, not between the L-rods.

Then there's Signal the LRL'er who forgets that his frequency thingie puts him in the LRL category and therefore inadmissible as a dowsing forum post.

Heck, I used my frequency generator today too, it seemed accurate enough for the work at hand. I was out in my yard more that twice today, too. Signal is unwilling to say that whatever he did today had anything to do with discovery of otherwise unknown valuable targets, and that's "truth in advertising"! READ THE ADVERTISEMENT!

I used a freq jenny to research an electroacoustics matter. I gained information about things which were until then unknown to me. The value if any of that information is as yet to be determined.

--Dave J.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They just came out with a report that the earth poles are shifting and the techtonic plates are re-aligning. So the eddy currents may be off this month. We used our silver rods on Friday and they worked fine. We were re-surveying a target we are digging on and the signal is the same as it was a week or so ago. We are going back out tomorrow so will try them again and let you know.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Its hard to know what threw him off. We work in the heat and the cold and the only problem we have ever incurred is on one site we were off about 13 degrees. As we dug and moved dirt out of the way and then re-surveyed the signal moved and ended up where the actual target really was. I have read that the LRL's tend be off up to about 13 degrees. The best thing is just to re-shoot your area numerous times. Thats what we do.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Dixiegal....When I am digging I check the hole and the 5 gal bucket I dig into often. When the hole shows nothing I am through..A few times I have found another signal when checking the bucket The last time it was a ½ oz nugget 5 foot from the old hole...Art

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes it sure pays to double check your area. We usually run our rods first then follow up with 2-3 other detectors and then we take a pic with the Arc Geo mini and go download it into the computer.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This is an alert from the Rice Space Institute issued on Tue Oct 9 04:14:00 UTC
Value of the Boyle index warrants Condition RED

Trigger Boyle
index value: 200.1
This index is based on the ACE Solar Wind
data.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last
Boyle alert YELLOW issued on Oct 8 18:14:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To
see a plot of the Boyle Index and predicted Kp, Dst and AE indices over the last
72 hours, go to
RSI: Space Weather Prediction Page

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This is an alert from the Rice Space Institute issued on Tue Oct 9 22:04:00 UTC
Predicted Value of Kp warrants Condition YELLOW

Trigger Kp Value:
This prediction is based on the ACE Solar Wind
data.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last
Kp alert YELLOW issued on Oct 9 04:14:00 UTC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To
see a plot of the Boyle Index and predicted Kp, Dst and AE indices over the last
72 hours, go to
RSI: Space Weather Prediction Page

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I assume this means that the magnetic anomalies that us GPR, LRL, MFD, UFO,NRA, metal detector, two box and other treasure hunting tools we use will be affected? So when the heck is it suppose to be over? I actually went and cut my own set of rods down a half and inch more and it got better but still not pinpointing worth a woof....

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
No..It means that the solar activity seems to affect the rods according to some people..For me my rods will close extra hard when there is a storm in the red. Mine seem to work all the time...art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~signal_line~
Then when Vern Rose developed the MFD it originally did not use L-rods--there was an electronic receiver. There was no question the solar magnetic activity affected the equipment. Either a very weak and flickering signal or none at all.
The change occurred because someone learned the rods would work with man made signals..Lowered the cost..

So when someone says their rod works all the time, sure it does to find mineral pockets, iron, water.
Gee...gold and silver are also minerals
Now if you are a total mental dowser like all map dowsers are, the fields miles away are not going to have much affect on you.
Yes I use mental Dowsing to map dowse...To use a set of Dowsing rods I am using Physical Methods.
B
ut like I've said, mental dowsing is extremely inaccurate and unreliable. Not saying it can't possibly work,
The Mental Dowsers that I know are accurate ..
ust that most of these map dowsers never go to the field and dig.
Are you trying to start another rumor?
I
've heard 99% of all dowsed spots are just mineral pockets. They are everywhere and very easy to hit. And it's like your mineral rod,that thing is real good for finding mineral pockets but not made for gold.
I find that Gold is one of the easier minerals to locate and recover...Art

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang.. I am gonna start another thread about the use of MFD and LRL's. I will be sure to get everyones blood pumping on that subject. :laughing7: Thanks for all the input. I knew something was screwing around. I have noticed all is about back to the normal. Kinda weird it happened near the new moon? I got told at one time that the new moon was the absolutely worst time to L Rod dowse cause the gravitational pull on the moon to earth was at the lowest? During the full moon magnetic pull is more thus bring defined lines from small targets? Correct or not...??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread