Dave Rishar

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
The prognosis is good.

During today's hunt, I was somewhat concerned about the lack of trash that I was digging up; there'd be the occasional odd and end, but I'm used to digging much more than what I was. I began to consider switching to another program and going over some of the ground that I'd previously covered, but about that time my girlfriend approached me and asked how I was doing. We compared notes and she mentioned that there was nothing but trash in the area she was looking at. When she showed me where she'd been, I realized that it was an area that I'd already hit. :) She has about the same experience level that I do on the Deus and was using Andy's program, so if she didn't find anything, I probably didn't leave much behind to be found - not with a Deus, anyway. It's possible that I'm missing small gold but I did get a number of nickels, so I'm not overly worried about it. My notches should still work with 8kHz, so I've admittedly hedged my bets a bit if I want to go back.

The smallest target that I recovered was the metal ferrule for a pencil eraser - several, actually. (It's a school. I mentioned to her, only half jokingly, that if we should ever need pencils and not have any money, we need to go there.) 4kHz will miss targets that higher frequencies can find, but that's probably small enough for my purposes.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The smallest target that I recovered was the metal ferrule for a pencil eraser - several, actually. (It's a school. I mentioned to her, only half jokingly, that if we should ever need pencils and not have any money, we need to go there.)

I hate those as much as pull tabs! lol

OP
OP
Dave Rishar

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I hate those as much as pull tabs! lol

I don't really mind them. They're generally shallow (and thus, don't waste much of my time and effort in recovery), and all of my aluminum gets saved for recycling. When I have a decent amount, I'm going to sell it and give the money to the Ronald McDonald House. Digging junk became more tolerable for me when I made up my mind donate it to charity.

Besides, like they say...if I'm not digging tabs, I'm missing gold. I can almost appreciate it when the site verifies my search methods occasionally. :)

BTW, thanks again for the killer deal on a killer machine, Bart. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions