Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest problems I had hunting the beach last summer were dehydrating and shoulder strain. This looks like it should take care of both problems. I had already bought a harness and do have a canteen, but the canteen just seemed to get in my way. The Camelbak has D-rings to hook a bungee as well.

Attachments

• camelback.jpg
    camelback.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 553
Upvote 0

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
I've used a Camelbak for anything from cycling, to hiking, to work for almost the last 15 years or so.

They are great! I find I stay way more hydrated as I don't have to stop what I am doing to take a drink, it's right there with me.

In the summer, fill the bladder with ice. It will really help keep your back and you cooler.

Do clean it out after use, you can grow some interesting "science experiments" in there if you don't.

Semper Fi

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using one for the past 7 years. I started out with a 2 liter. Moved up to 3 liter a few years back. I hook most of my gear to it.

I won't hunt without it.

Attachments

• 100_1538.jpg
    100_1538.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 563

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I was able to pick up the Camelbak Hellion 100-Ounce (3 liter) Black/Graphite Hydration Pack from around Nov/Dec of last year.
I got a GREAT deal on it at http://www.steepandcheap.com... for $50, which is essentially 53% off the retail!!
I've only been able to use it a couple times so far, but it's pretty amazing!
It's also got 1478 cubic inches of storage space, and holds 3 of the Smart Water bottles in the bladder!
Here's some other great stuff I've found on that website thus far...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,286975.0.html

Bran <><

Attachments

• CamelBak Hellion 100-Ounce Hydration Pack.jpg
    CamelBak Hellion 100-Ounce Hydration Pack.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 639
  • CamelBak Hellion 100-Ounce Hydration Pack.jpg
    CamelBak Hellion 100-Ounce Hydration Pack.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 477

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use one all the time .. I use a bunge with it also .

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
I use to use one, but in the summer it just wasn't enough water and it was heavy at first. What I do now is, I have some army surplus ammo pouches attached to by belt, that a 1.5 liter bottle of water will fit in. I take the water bottols and freeze them. When I hit the beach in the summer I will take two of these with me and I will have cold water for up to 4 hours. By that time I am ready for a break and something to eat. after break, I grab two more frozen ones from the ice chest, and I'm off again.

HH
Digger

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You grow lots more "science experiments" when you fill it with beer and don't clean it often enough. :laughing7: I mainly just carry a water bottle in my pouch or slid into my wetsuit jacket.

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They sure can be a handy item to have. I use mine when I'm hitting a site that's a little off the path.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
willie d said:
I've been using one for the past 7 years. I started out with a 2 liter. Moved up to 3 liter a few years back. I hook most of my gear to it.

I won't hunt without it.

Hey, the Great Southern Beach Shootout...... :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
You grow lots more "science experiments" when you fill it with beer and don't clean it often enough. :laughing7: I mainly just carry a water bottle in my pouch or slid into my wetsuit jacket.

But if you dring enough beer you don't care as much what is growing.

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
dave5339 said:
I've used a Camelbak for anything from cycling, to hiking, to work for almost the last 15 years or so.

They are great! I find I stay way more hydrated as I don't have to stop what I am doing to take a drink, it's right there with me.

In the summer, fill the bladder with ice. It will really help keep your back and you cooler.

Do clean it out after use, you can grow some interesting "science experiments" in there if you don't.

Semper Fi

They have camelback mix ins now too. Several flavours. Specifically made for use in the buggers. My favorites are lime and mixed berry. I send the to Iraq on a regular basis and DH uses them in the field.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
willie d said:

I won't hunt without it.

Hey, the Great Southern Beach Shootout...... :icon_thumright:
Good times :icon_thumleft:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bet,when I use to run ultrmarathons these and platypus bottles were the best 2 things to have on your body,I have the one that you wear around your waist and holds about 45 oz.I probably have 4 or 5 other makes but Cammel Back is the best to me. :hello2: :thumbsup:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I casually know the guy who invented the Camelbak.... Needless to say, he is filthy rich... He gave me my first one, and I dont go hiking without it... Never thought to use it for MD'ing.. Good idea... I am on my third one now, but the one he gave me sure got a lot of miles on it before I retired it... Still have it, but it is too small, and bright red. The one I use now is Digital Camo patern and also holds more gear/clothes, etc...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gave to of them away that were issued to me.I still have one and I think I will start using it this summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread