Last edited:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to test a MX Sport down in the salt soon just to see if it will work. You will be told single freq can't work in salt but yet on Youtube there are guys using them in salt and doing really well. Then you will be told you won't get the depth of the Multi freq machines but yet again on youtube they are testing them and hitting deep.
So I am going to take my CTX and the MX Sport and see for myself what a single freq machine will and won't do in the salt against the CTX.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MX sport is very unstable when it goes into salt water.......

OP
OP
J

Jacksparrow1985

Greenie
Mar 13, 2016
Torbay England
Detector(s) used
Mine lab go find 40
Bounty hunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

The treasure master has a beach mode and the manufacturer actually mentions its auto ground balance can deal with salt / mineralised beaches or fields that have highly mineralised fertiliser , lol

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the water or with the waves going over the coil?
It will be interesting to see when I try it out just got to get the time to drive down to the ocean.
Depending on how HOT I am running my CTX it will make noise when waves go over the coil. My fisher CZ20 and excals did the same you could hear a little noise but still hear the targets sound off.

Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure master has a beach mode and the manufacturer actually mentions its auto ground balance can deal with salt / mineralised beaches or fields that have highly mineralised fertiliser , lol

What most people don't seem to understand is that dealing with salty sand is not simply about ground balancing to salt. Yes that will quiet down a single frequency VLF detector quite a bit, however it also involves additional filtering circuitry to improve the SNR to see a signal through the salt. Most machines that ground balance to salt do not have this additional circuitry, only seen 3 or 4 single frequency VLF machines that can actually ground balance to salt while maintaining high filtration to salt ((staying quiet)) while maintaining depth. XP Deus, Nokta Fors Core, Racer.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the Fisher CZ 20/21 and Whites beach hunters only 2 FREQ? They have been hunting SALT beaches for years.

What most people don't seem to understand is that dealing with salty sand is not simply about ground balancing to salt. Yes that will quiet down a single frequency VLF detector quite a bit, however it also involves additional filtering circuitry to improve the SNR to see a signal through the salt. Most machines that ground balance to salt do not have this additional circuitry, only seen 3 or 4 single frequency VLF machines that can actually ground balance to salt while maintaining high filtration to salt ((staying quiet)) while maintaining depth. XP Deus, Nokta Fors Core, Racer.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the Fisher CZ 20/21 and Whites beach hunters only 2 FREQ? They have been hunting SALT beaches for years.

Yes the CZ-20/21 are simultaneous VLF dual frequency machines that can to a good extent cancel out salt. Most single frequency machines are unable to do this properly for the reasons mentioned, salt is a metal as such its hard to see through unless you utilize Multi-frequency CZ-20/21/Excal,BHID or PI.. A well designed single frequency digital machine with proper filtering circuitry using advanced fourier transform techniques can see through salt and be quiet but the depth wont be as good as Multi or PI especially when you start throwing in Magnetite or Maghemite.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread