Anyone use the gold century 1020 also named gold digger,falcon ect

itex4

Dec 11, 2010
Hello everyone im new here and would like to know if anyone has one of these gold century 1020.
this is the info i get from it but no reviews from anyone on this model.

This Gold Century Model GC1020 Metal Detector is a upper mid range Metal detector with LED display. The large screen will display the type of object found with a high degree of accuracy. Very accurately distinguish a Penney, nickel or quarter. It can be used in All metal mode, Set to discriminate and will give you a different two different tones for Ferrous an non Ferrous metals or set it for notch filter and set it will display the target type found as coin (Quarter, Dime, Nickel or Penny), bottle top, nail, pull top ect... You will quickly learn how to ignore trash metal objects. Rugged design and comfortable handle with arm brace. The waterproof coil will allow you search in shallow water at the beach where most Gold rings are found. This unit is identical in detection function as our Model GC1010. The primary difference being a offset longer shaft to extend deeper in water and all of the controls can be operated with one hand.
It can be used in several modes:

Well im getting one next week just waiting on it being shipped
Thanks to all that can help have a great day and find lots of stuff.
Gerard
P.S I WILL BE POSTING VIDEOS OF MY FINDS IF THIS IS A GOOD METAL DETECTOR SENCE I LIVE ACROSS FROM PARK

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I can only advise that you practice pinpointing in your yard extensively first, it only gets harder in the park to pick the good signal from the bad.

I know my GC1023 is kinda weak on pinpoint, but it does work surprisingly well for the price I paid. Might want to consider getting a pinpointer also if it gives you a problem.

And of course most of all get that recovery method down pat so you pop them coins out nicely and don't leave a mess behind!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a China special which in most cases means avoid like the plague. In fact when I tried one it was far better than I expected and the only thing I found was that it didn't recover very quickly between targets (good and bad) so had to be swept at a slower than usual speed for a single frequency VLF.

One worry with cheaper import brands is that there can be more variation in performance in the same model than with major U.S. brands. Hopefully you will have a good one. Keep us all posted on how you get on.

OP
OP
I

itex4

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks Brian

Well i just got my gc 1020 i see what u said about running across the ground slow,
and i have it set on all metals and does ok just go slow seems to work real well i will head out to the park across the street
from me and get back to everyone on here.

Wish me luck im going to need it.

OP
OP
I

itex4

Dec 11, 2010
Ok i went out today and used my Gc 1020 and as i wrote never done this before my first
finds were 5 tabs great to give to MC Donald's TO HELP THE KID'S OUT and 2 pennies not old at all
and this was put on all metal so im still learning this metal detector as i can see it works on tabs very well and penny indicator
once i figure out how to use these buttons i will see but tabs are signs of gold so i really don't want to weed them out.
any new info anyone has please share .

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year

beermime

Jan 30, 2011
Itex4,

I was wondering if you were having better luck with you Metal Detector? I am considering getting a GC-1020 myself and am doing my research now. Did you purchase this from the "Heartland Amercia" catalog? Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

biggstile

Mar 4, 2011
Burnsville, MN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Whites Buillseye II Pinpointer
I just got a second hand Golden Century Ritemetal GC-1008. It cost $60, so I got it to fool around with for fun. It is supposed to have Ground Balance, but I don't know how to set it. The controls are Discrimination, Sensitivity, Frequency Tune, Magnetic/Normal (toggle switch), and a trigger toggle switch under the grip which puts in in pinpoint/all metal mode, from the way it seems. It does have a little tiny plastic cap slightly smaller than a pencil eraser that is flush with the control body housing, which is labeled "Ground", but I haven't messed with it, since I don't know what it is and it doesn't seem like it pushes in or pulls out as any type of control button. I can't find any info anywhere on the net, and it is a few years old, although not even used. The seller bought it on a whim for a trip to Jamaica and never used it. On a side note, the coil wire connection which connects with the control body housing is the exact same size (fits) my ACE250, although when I tried the ACE coil on the GC-1008, it did not respond. Can anyone advise on how to possibly ground balance, and what the Magnetic/Normal switch is?

Attachments

• GC 1008.JPG
    GC 1008.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,628

biggstile

Mar 4, 2011
Burnsville, MN
Detector(s) used
biggstile said:
I just got a second hand Golden Century Ritemetal GC-1008. It cost $60, so I got it to fool around with for fun. It is supposed to have Ground Balance, but I don't know how to set it. The controls are Discrimination, Sensitivity, Frequency Tune, Magnetic/Normal (toggle switch), and a trigger toggle switch under the grip which puts in in pinpoint/all metal mode, from the way it seems. It does have a little tiny plastic cap slightly smaller than a pencil eraser that is flush with the control body housing, which is labeled "Ground", but I haven't messed with it, since I don't know what it is and it doesn't seem like it pushes in or pulls out as any type of control button. I can't find any info anywhere on the net, and it is a few years old, although not even used. The seller bought it on a whim for a trip to Jamaica and never used it. On a side note, the coil wire connection which connects with the control body housing is the exact same size (fits) my ACE250, although when I tried the ACE coil on the GC-1008, it did not respond. Can anyone advise on how to possibly ground balance, and what the Magnetic/Normal switch is? P.S. I think it may not have ground balance as I thought, because of the dummy switch with no function/missing, but I also wonder what the frequency control might do. It's cold in MN, so I haven't played with it outside, yet.

biggstile

Mar 4, 2011
Burnsville, MN
Detector(s) used
Here is a link to it, also, and it says it has a Black sand switch, which is cool. May be it's the one that says Normal or Magnetic.

sherwood

Greenie
Oct 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a gc 1016a.....

as long as it can detect gold i`m good....

there`s lots of gold in the hills here in NW Mexico where i live....

so basically it will save me a lot of work.....

i`m going to the dry creeks tomorrow......

can`t wait!

them creeks haven`t been worked in centuries!

there were some gold mines around the area.....

which means i`m in the right dlocation....

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
biggstile, I know I'm late to this thread, but if you're still around I think you will find the eraser thing is a plug. You would remove that and ground balance using a small screw driver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread