anyone using a garrett 8x12 cc coil on AT Gold

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a large cent today with it on the gold. I have the stock and a NEL tornado also. I use the stock at pro coil every now and then it works good and gets deep. I hardly ever used it on my pro since the 5x8 works well on it.

OP
OP
bfloyd4445

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Found a large cent today with it on the gold. I have the stock and a NEL tornado also. I use the stock at pro coil every now and then it works good and gets deep. I hardly ever used it on my pro since the 5x8 works well on it.

NEL tornado?? I'm new to this sport only just got my first detector a week ago and its an at gold

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bfloyd the NEL Tornado is a aftermarket coil. It's a bigger coil and works well with the at gold. You have to order it specific for the gold because of freq.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Wayne at Metaldetectingstuff

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the NEL tornado for my at gold and got that at ft Bedford in PA he is a supporting vendor also. I don't think Wayne sells NEL coils

OP
OP
bfloyd4445

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the NEL tornado for my at gold and got that at ft Bedford in PA he is a supporting vendor also. I don't think Wayne sells NEL coils

did you try the nel 15x17, or know anyone that has? At NEL's website its the biggest one and gives the most depth so they say with the AT gold.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I haven't and the tornado is big enough. I bought the sling because it was heavy. It gets deep and works great in farm fields. Found large cent a few Indian head cents and a seated silver dime with it in last month. I mostly hunt with the stock 5x8 because I hunt trashy fields where old farm houses use to be. I use the stock at pro coil every now and then also. I've had 3 Garrett machines and the gold is my favorite. I like the pro but the gold does better in iron infested sites. That's my exp and opinion though.

OP
OP
bfloyd4445

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
No I haven't and the tornado is big enough. I bought the sling because it was heavy. It gets deep and works great in farm fields. Found large cent a few Indian head cents and a seated silver dime with it in last month. I mostly hunt with the stock 5x8 because I hunt trashy fields where old farm houses use to be. I use the stock at pro coil every now and then also. I've had 3 Garrett machines and the gold is my favorite. I like the pro but the gold does better in iron infested sites. That's my exp and opinion though.

thanks for your opinion. I read a lot before buying the gold and it appeared to me people liked the gold better so I bought one. I'm undecided on the coil but were i hunt will be in the gold fields or parks and such so maybe I should save my money for a bit and get used to the stock coil first. Makes sense that the big coil would be best in an area not littered with trash. I'll let you know what i find up at Moores Flat in the gold country the first of the week. I'm thinking that soil is likely gonna have lots of trash

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread