Anyone want to Guess?

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Ok.. I normally dump at BofA which uses Brinks however I do have a Wells Fargo account now and well decided to order 2 boxes of halves for this Thursday. Unfortunately, that Wells Fargo uses Brinks too. So anyone want to guess the results. This will be very telling of whether BofA and Wells Fargo share the same vault through Brinks or do they have separate vaults where Brinks just transports for them. This will be telling. My guess is that I'll get skunked since I've dumped at BofA so much last few years.

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take a gander: 9 total keepers out of 2 boxes. Can't determine 40% v. 90%.

Regardless, HSH.

apush :read2:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
The results will depend on wether someone dumped a collection around the same time you dumped your rejects and wether any silver got past the tellers.

I'm pretty sure they all get mixed together at the processing facility (Brinks).

Mojo

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The question I always wondered about is if two different banks use the same transport company or perhaps sorting facility, does coin from both different banks get merged together or do they stay separate? I've marked my coins so I'll know if I get a good amount of them back.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Well I went in today to get the 2 boxes and they told me it would next Monday. They said it would have to be a special order since it was 2 boxes instead of one. Maybe they just forgot and just told me that instead. I took a pair of small dime boxes instead since I didn't want to leave empty handed. I keep thinking about the guy who ordered 40 boxes at once. How is that possible? It's hard enough just to get 2 boxes. Anyhow, I got two boxes of dimes ($250 each) & in clear plastic. It's odd but BofA gives one $500 box for dimes and Wells Fargo gives $250 box for dimes. Otherwise the rolls look the same and they said they use Brinks just like BofA. Wonder why different size boxes? The rolls from the boxes were accurate too and didn't short me any dimes. Anyhow from the two boxes ($500 total) got my secord merc of the year 1937-S & roosies 1954-S & 1957-D. It's not uncommon to get "S" mints where I live. I recommend anyone who vacations to this area to pickup a few dime or cent boxes if they want "S" mints. Will update on Monday the results. My guess is that I get skunked from the boxes since I dump at BofA who uses Brinks too. Plus I've been getting skunked a lot of late from my normal pickup bank.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Well got those two boxes today & yep I was right.. skunks :(
I didn't really see my marked coins in the mix but the rolls looked like they've been opened before. My big mistake was that I said I wanted a box next week.. gotta call back and cancel now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread