aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Good luck in next hunt :icon_thumleft:

Well, I see Salvor6 has already told you all the bad news. We weren't able to check out all the sites, so we may return for those when we have more money and time. Thanks to all of you who responded to my request and I'm sorry we weren't able to confirm your hits. Maybe we'll be able to try something closer to home around Fort Myers or Tampa Bay so we can do day trips.
Aquanut

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don't misinterpret my post. I believe there is gold here. It's just that our hand held detectors will only go two feet deep at the most and the gold is probably under 4 feet of sand (or more). We just had no way of digging that deep. We were 50' away from the seawall in front of a huge mansion and there were people in the windows watching us all day.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That area is under lease.
I just got back from a family reunion down on the east coast.

The reason those hits were marked with green, they seemed to be more archaeological. Here is from my file of definitions for green marked spots. When I did the archaeological search, the strongest signals came from that lease area. Actually, the river site around the pin for me, produced hardly any response on archaeological type of targets. But that might be explained if the stuff is scattered rather than dropped during a breaking up of a ship.

"Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs)."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread