Anything Railroad related...

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been on Treasure Net for a few years, and I have notice that in your antique and collectible forum at the bottom of the screen there are a bunch of posts that don't have there own topic. The most common one is railroad collectible or relics. I collect rr items and have also wanted to post it in the antique forum, but not finding one for railroad items. Would you please consider creating a topic in the antique forum for railroad items and collectibles? Many would appreciate it!

Blessings,
ncsilverspider

OP
OP
ncsilverspider

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHBandit said:
I'll second that. I collect railroad lanterns (marked) & railroad marked wrenches & other tools so I'm in.

What kind of tools? I recently purchased (for $45) a pair of wrought iron double calipers marked "SO. RY." which means "Southern Railway" and "SP. N.C." which means "Spencer, North Carolina" which was home to Southern Railway Spencer Shops, which was Southern's largest steam locomotive repair facility, now the North Carolina Transportation Museum. More research and found out they were hand forged at the Spencer Shops blacksmith shop around 1910-1912! The worker (he was a machinist who worked on locomotive wheels) even had his initials stamped into it! (H.G.H) Being a huge fan of the Southern Railway, Spencer Shops, and anything train related, this is my favorite item in my collection! What is yours?

(P.S. Here are some pics.)

Attachments

• caliper1.jpg
    caliper1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 65
  • mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 66
  • HGH.jpg
    HGH.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 82
  • LBS.jpg