Anything special here?

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.A buddy of mine has been wanting me to sell some arrowheads and such he obtained back in the 60s or so. I have no clue where to start with any of this or if anything is even worth more than the rock it's carved from. Any information is appreciated and I can post more pictures if it'd help. Thanks ahead of time.
20240302_190017.jpg

Upvote 4
OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all looks authentic but is field grade. It really has little value to serious collectors.
Doh.. what about to not so serious collectors? šŸ˜‚

So I take it nothing there stands out as something better? I know he had his heart set on the darker/large arrowhead in center and possibly the obsidian being worth something. I'm just trying to figure out what I should be getting out of it for him. Truth hurts sometimes šŸ»

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, a couple are nice but nothing that would bring any serious money. Who knows, someone may want them & pay more than expected.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea where they came from? Just a guess but looks like they may be from Missouri/Kansas/Nebraska/Arkansas kind of area. I see some familiar looking material but a few odd balls, Iā€™m guessing the obsidian was picked up on a trip.

I donā€™t see any high dollar stuff the big ones are nice but they arenā€™t the types that bring in big money. If you have an idea where they are collected, you may get a bit more if you try to sell to someone from that area.

This one scares me a bit, looks dangerously close to a tourist point from India
IMG_8482.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea where they came from? Just a guess but looks like they may be from Missouri/Kansas/Nebraska/Arkansas kind of area. I see some familiar looking material but a few odd balls, Iā€™m guessing the obsidian was picked up on a trip.

I donā€™t see any high dollar stuff the big ones are nice but they arenā€™t the types that bring in big money. If you have an idea where they are collected, you may get a bit more if you try to sell to someone from that area.

This one scares me a bit, looks dangerously close to a tourist point from India
View attachment 2136145
Hello! I believe these are all from the Kansas/Missouri region which is where we are and he has lived his whole life. He got these some 50+ years ago. Here's that one you pointed out
20240309_095922.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Newman said, they are all what are called field grade artifacts and have little retail value, just my guess, maybe $75-$100 for entire frame if you could find someone to pay that. Maybe someone who knows nothing about artifacts would pay that....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I believe these are all from the Kansas/Missouri region which is where we are and he has lived his whole life. He got these some 50+ years ago. Here's that one you pointed out View attachment 2136154
I hunted Missouri fir 22 years, never once found obsidian point.

OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20240309_100136.jpg
20240309_100153.jpg
Here's the obsidian piece. Other than the date,it doesn't mean anything to me. Guessing the when and where it was discovered?

OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted Missouri fir 22 years, never once found obsidian point.
Sorry didn't mean to say that he found these all here in the field.. just that he *obtained* them here. Some may have been from people who got them elsewhere. Just trying to figure out if anything was worthwhile as he's trying to sell some things off.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
agree there are what looks like to be any big ticket items there. But its from your dad so it's possible other family members may get involved with collecting through them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread