Apologize in advance for asking this... (spur part)

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all.

I found this a while back on the outskirts of a CW battle along with some CW bullets. I know there isn't much to go on, but what are the chances it could be military? Likely? Unlikely? I was hoping the shoulder shape might be a clue.

The area where it was found was also a farm after the war, so it could very well be civilian.

The main reason I'm asking is to help me decide if I should include it in the display case I'm going to eventually make for the finds from that site. :icon_thumright:

ye3pHMm.jpg

2Cyc2Tp.jpg

Upvote 0

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No apologies needed. A valid question asked. I have never found a spur myself, but this piece looks to me to match spurs found on CW camps, etc. Nice findfind and save.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No apologies needed. A valid question asked. I have never found a spur myself, but this piece looks to me to match spurs found on CW camps, etc. Nice findfind and save.

Thank you sir.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It look's like a 'Sturdy' well built spur IMO. I'd guess 95% Military use....'imo'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread