Apparently they've been waiting for me, too.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been wanting to get these guys' photos ever since I started posting on here. There was just always something that kept me from getting them: forgot the camera, to big of a rush, raining, they were in a different field, etc. Well, on the way home from our trip in March, we came upon them and I mentioned it. Our friend was driving and asked if I had my camera and I said I did. He jerked the truck right over to the side of the road and rolled down the window. These guys came right towards the road like they were expecting me. LOL!

DSCN9528.JPG

DSCN9529.JPG

DSCN9532.JPG

DSCN9533.JPG

DSCN9534.JPG

DSCN9536.JPG This one seems to be standing on another. But he's at the bottom of the hill while the other is climbing up the hill right in front of him.

DSCN9537.JPG

DSCN9539.JPG

I apologize for taking so long to post my pics. I have hundreds of pics to edit for a project for our friends. Very time consuming.

Thanks for Looking!

~Sis

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is what I would call "REAL HORNEY":thumbsup: great pics.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures! I'd have the one that looks like he's standing on the others head enlarged & printed! I don't think you'd find a better conversation piece. If you go back take a handful of those 99 cent store vanilla sandwich cookies. They'll never forget who you are. Vanilla cookies = forever buddy!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy @#$%!

I am scared to death of cows. And pigs. And horses. I live on a hay farm, and I am scared of farm animals go figure.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any more pictures of the brown and white one in your first shot? I can't believe the size of those horns!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures! I'd have the one that looks like he's standing on the others head enlarged & printed! I don't think you'd find a better conversation piece. If you go back take a handful of those 99 cent store vanilla sandwich cookies. They'll never forget who you are. Vanilla cookies = forever buddy!

Ha ha! The cookies would never make it to them! I have no will power. It is an interesting pic.

Thank you.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy @#$%!

I am scared to death of cows. And pigs. And horses. I live on a hay farm, and I am scared of farm animals go figure.

I can relate. I've heard of lots of near death experiences with the farm animals. I will say, though, that I love piglets!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have any more pictures of the brown and white one in your first shot? I can't believe the size of those horns!

They are massive! I don't know how he can hold his head up!

DSCN9529.JPG

DSCN9530.JPG

DSCN9531.JPG

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They are massive! I don't know how he can hold his head up!

Them poor things are sufferin' from the "holler horn" disease. Go to about 4:00 in the following video, and he'll talk about this terrible disease.

Also pretty important, Jerry discusses how to make biscuits --- not them things in a cardboard tube, but real "cat head" biscuits (biscuit about the size of a cat's head).

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I need to get a dog! :laughing9:
Everyone needs a dog! Keep saying I need to change my little ones name to Hoover! She Hoovers up the crumbs keeping me out of trouble. My big one makes sure I get my exercise having to step over her laying across the hall. Have you noticed no matter how small they are they can lay strategically to take up as much space on the bed as possible, keeping you from sleeping too much? And they really put effort into making sure I don't eat too many M&Ms! I mean they try hard! :laughing7:

As far as cookies & cows go. We were working a job next to a pasture where two horses were. I started giving each two from my lunch when I pulled up. After a couple weeks was talking with the big wigs and one of the horses kept shoving my arm. Big wigs thought it was funny as all get out when I went over to my Jeep & got their cookies and after they each had their two, they walked off & left me alone. Stopped by the pasture around two years later. Same two horses plus a new one. Took a couple minutes for them to recognize the jeep and come over to get their cookies. They left the other one standing wondering what the heck was going on.

Rule # 37 - If you have cookies and can give a good butt scratch you can make friends with any dog or horse.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Them poor things are sufferin' from the "holler horn" disease. Go to about 4:00 in the following video, and he'll talk about this terrible disease.

Also pretty important, Jerry discusses how to make biscuits --- not them things in a cardboard tube, but real "cat head" biscuits (biscuit about the size of a cat's head).

LOL! I made the mistake of listening to this when I was at work. I was laughing so much, I didn't get all the bills paid. OOPS!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone needs a dog! Keep saying I need to change my little ones name to Hoover! She Hoovers up the crumbs keeping me out of trouble. My big one makes sure I get my exercise having to step over her laying across the hall. Have you noticed no matter how small they are they can lay strategically to take up as much space on the bed as possible, keeping you from sleeping too much? And they really put effort into making sure I don't eat too many M&Ms! I mean they try hard! :laughing7:

As far as cookies & cows go. We were working a job next to a pasture where two horses were. I started giving each two from my lunch when I pulled up. After a couple weeks was talking with the big wigs and one of the horses kept shoving my arm. Big wigs thought it was funny as all get out when I went over to my Jeep & got their cookies and after they each had their two, they walked off & left me alone. Stopped by the pasture around two years later. Same two horses plus a new one. Took a couple minutes for them to recognize the jeep and come over to get their cookies. They left the other one standing wondering what the heck was going on.

Rule # 37 - If you have cookies and can give a good butt scratch you can make friends with any dog or horse.

Hold up! There's rules?

Funny story, boogeyman!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been wanting to get these guys' photos ever since I started posting on here. There was just always something that kept me from getting them: forgot the camera, to big of a rush, raining, they were in a different field, etc. Well, on the way home from our trip in March, we came upon them and I mentioned it. Our friend was driving and asked if I had my camera and I said I did. He jerked the truck right over to the side of the road and rolled down the window. These guys came right towards the road like they were expecting me. LOL!

View attachment 1708074

View attachment 1708075

View attachment 1708076

View attachment 1708077

View attachment 1708078

View attachment 1708079 This one seems to be standing on another. But he's at the bottom of the hill while the other is climbing up the hill right in front of him.

View attachment 1708080

View attachment 1708081

I apologize for taking so long to post my pics. I have hundreds of pics to edit for a project for our friends. Very time consuming.

Thanks for Looking!

~Sis
So long to post your pics? They were WORTH THE WAIT! Very nice. TTC

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So long to post your pics? They were WORTH THE WAIT! Very nice. TTC

Thank you, Terry.

I’m almost done with my project. So, hopefully I will get to add more pics to the Saint Lucia thread. There’s way too much beauty there to not share it.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pics Sis.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread