Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I copped this quote...

"Surprise! Well, not much of one, after that leak the day before. Say hello to the new 11- and 12.9-inch iPad Pros, with a secondary ultra-wide 10-megapixel rear camera and, for the first time on any Apple device, a LiDAR scanner. It can measure up to 16.4 feet away, improving augmented reality features like object placement, motion capture and occluding people in a scene."

https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/19...Iqd9KG6GhCYu31a0mERRJN3rH1eRy65bau6X4-lNIf92d

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But . . . why? If I am 16.4 feet away from a surface I can pretty much tell the shape.

"Augmented reality" is reality with the addition of unreal things. That's diminished reality. ;-)

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But . . . why? If I am 16.4 feet away from a surface I can pretty much tell the shape.

"Augmented reality" is reality with the addition of unreal things. That's diminished reality. ;-)

Probably not that related to treasure hunting, but people have been using photography to construct 3D models of objects, either for measurement or replicating with a 3D printer. My first reaction is that a lidar scanner should be able to do this much more accurately, which would be pretty cool for anyone interested in 3D printing.

But yeah, it's not going to be something you map a farm field with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread