April 18 Discovery’s ‘Cooper’s Treasure’ Sets Out To Uncover Shipwrecks From Space

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So im up to episode 2.
I dont know much about this space tec. But im thinking it was taken out of context for tv to spice it up. Now he def did have camera tech and took thousands of images.
Now we have to keep in mind also. We are talking about gordons time period. Go back to the 60s.
We have less population. Less polution. Clearer skys and clearer waters.

Now skip to today.
How many of us use google earth for research locations and looking for anomolies and such.

The pictures gordon took and what he saw and noted up thete was his google earth.

I think the space tec has been taken out of context.

Im more leaning towards him spotting areas of interest. Then pursuing them further on the ground.

No diff to what we do today with google earth. Lidar and such

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you saw the blurred out image of the cooper map on the movie trailer,I found the #5 wreck on google earth.You can see the bow and stern and a bunch of ballast or junk in the middle.It could be a modern steel wreck. earth_postcard_1493452607.jpg

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Anyone notice that home-built "magnetometer" on episode 2? There is a tow line out the front and then they attach a second line for a trailing buoy for some reason (keep it off the bottom?), but where is the data relay cable? Nice prop, especially given it's a staged scene anyway...

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Anyone notice that home-built "magnetometer" on episode 2? There is a tow line out the front and then they attach a second line for a trailing buoy for some reason (keep it off the bottom?), but where is the data relay cable? Nice prop, especially given it's a staged scene anyway...
I have seen plans availible for free from geotec on building them. So a home made one i wasnt too surpised. I thought i saw the rope and cable combined into one line with yellow tape. Could be wrong but thats what i thought i saw. The buoy idea isnt a bad one. Easy to regulate its travel height

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i watched was the trailer,couldnt find where i could watch the show on a cell phone.I guess i didnt miss much.That blured out map was all i was interested in.All 7 sites are around turks and Caicos.The water around those islands is crystal clear so anything man made you will be able to see it all.

Last edited:

MPH200

Oct 26, 2012
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just watched 1st episode & 1/2 of the 2nd. Too much drama & too little treasure hunting.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a reality show,what did you expect to see?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol I was thinking the same.
last one the guy was a killer and they kept jumping back to his life.

this one, my guess they will keep jumping back to him being a greedy ego maniac and
in their opinion a bad father.
Like I said, Same old script just different characters.........

Although, I thought they said Spaced treasure hunt! Heck! Half the time I'm spaced while hunting almost an expert at spaced hunting.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished watching Last Nights Episode.

Very tiny bit of B.S. Drama from his wife. Maybe 60 Seconds.

was a good episode

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just finished watching Last Nights Episode.

Very tiny bit of B.S. Drama from his wife. Maybe 60 Seconds.

was a good episode

Except they are trying to find the manifest for treasure on a ship heading BACK to the Americas. Why would a ship coming from Spain be loaded with treasure ? :icon_scratch:

Things that make you go ....... hmm!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
didn't they ship both ways ? "Trade"

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Unless funds where needed to set up a new colony.? But it also depends on the referrence of treasure. Food is treasure to the hungry

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ships traveling to the new world might have been loaded down with beer. Just think of it...thousands of gallons of beer. I call that a treasure.

Bill

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
I think they found a 'treasure' like that in The Baltic - and realised there is a reason for 'best before' dates sometimes.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Experts discover 'Christopher Columbus' anchor at Caribbean shipwreck site

Just ran across this...

EXCLUSIVE: Experts have used a “space treasure map” to make a remarkable discovery in the Caribbean -- a centuries-old anchor believed to be from one of Christopher Columbus’ ships.
In addition to the anchor, Miklos’ team found a trove of other artifacts at the shipwreck site, including three grappling hooks that date back to the Columbus era. The grappling hooks, or anchors, were used for salvaging treasure from sunken ships.
Additionally, several iron and bronze spikes, possibly the last remnants of the sunken ships, were found, as well as a broken section of anchor's ring was found. The broken anchor ring could indicate that the anchor came from a third ship in Pinzon’s fleet that was torn from its anchor during the hurricane.

Experts discover 'Christopher Columbus' anchor at Caribbean shipwreck site | Fox News

“It means that we now have one of the most valuable maps in history,” explained a spokeswoman for the show, in an email sent to Fox News.
Looks Like Cooper's "Space Treasure Map Tells No Lies"

Your Bud Aurum

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
One might do a little reading on the Molasses Reef wreck in the Turks & Caicos. :)

noluckyet

Greenie
Jun 1, 2017
Scotland
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My guess is that it is all Bull! Ever flew in a plane and looked down, you don't see much detail, well Cooper was flying much higher so he would have seen less. A magnetrometer or such to detect a wooden ship from space! when you are flying over shipping ,cars trucks, trains and buildings all made of steel his machine would have been going mad! And in a small capsule with him using reems of paper and pencils, I'm sure NASA would have something to say about that! This what I think the space flight had nothing to do with the treasure map and treasure sites. Yes I believe Gordo Cooper was into treasure hunting and that he collected this data while on terafirma. He gave his research to these 2 losers and they want to make a story for the gullible. Why would Gordo give a map to one loser and the research and sites to the other? It's just to make a crap cringeworthy discovery documentary!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cooper did work with the real eight group on the cabin wreck a few times.Even with todays sat photo tech its hard to find wrecks so cooper looking out his tiny 2 windows while strapped in his tiny capsule i doupt he could see much.I saw the text of the tape recorded flight and all he said he could see was city lights at night and continents during the day.Im sure there was no shipwreck data it was all made up for that lame tv show.I do give credit to Eric Schmidt and Mike Perna and Jim Sinclair for being on the show,i just hope they got paid well and not a bunch of promises.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread