April 1st find - POUNDS OF GOLD !!!!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I decided to hit a spot that has been know locally for some time as the mansion of a very wealthy socalite from the late 1920's. I figured that it wouldn't be a problem because the area was donated as a city park. So, I woke up early and headed off. I spent about 45 minutes there and wasn't getting a single signal, I was figuring the park was all hunted out, but, like every other place in our town, I was getting TONS of iron/nickel hits. I hit one that just didn't "sound" right, so I dug it. After getting down to about 16-18 inches deep on the hole I was about to give up, but the signal was consistent. I decided to dig six more inches, and if nothing, than nothing. I pushed the shovel down as deep as I could one last time and hit what I figured was a tree-root down about 2", it was kinda "mushy". I got enough dirt outta my wayto see that I had hit an old canvas bag, like a military style one. I was thinking it would be full of nails, OOPS !!! I got it out of the ground and almost lost consiousness when I looked inside- I just shook my head and kinda muttered "oh boy......Ohhh boy....." So, here it is, I'm still a little in shock, but I'm sure that'll wear off.

I figured that april 1st is the best day to post a find like this, thanx for the idea tinpan, have a good one all. May all your change be silver and all your targets be gold - HH

Attachments

• pile \'o gold.jpg
    pile \'o gold.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,032

rosevelt

Oct 22, 2004
I may sound stupid for not knowing but, are you joking or are you serious? I thought you were faking it because it is april foolsday.
HAPPY HUNTING

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regardless on how you came across this small fortune (est. $90,000). My words of wisdom...

You had better invest in a safe deposit box.

;)

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
;) ;) ;) You have some great pictures of some MINT coins ;D ;D ;D

I would say your hunting skills also include the internet, too. GREAT Post...

tootles
Leeame in So Ore

OP
OP
gold fish

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Ok, seriously, this is my favorite holiday, I once broke in and "stole" everything in a friends apartment, he made the mistake of bragging that he'd never been "got". It was sooooooo funny, he got a good laugh too, that's the point.

HAPPY SPRING ALL!!!!!!!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok! that's the last time I let you take pictures of my finds!!!!

Happy April Fools Day!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
lol... This is definitely better then mine...
filling my kids coat pockets and shoes full of cat food (dry food).

That photo is the thing dreams are made of huh Gold Fish!

HH !
BDoo

B

BIG61AL

Is that all you found????? I think you had your discriminator set too high...go back and show us some real treasure.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know where the Gold Pot at the end of the rainbow went to.
I have been at the end of a Rainbow and never saw the gold.
Now I know why.

OP
OP
gold fish

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Actually the pic came from E-bay, I just didn't have the spare $80,000 to open the bidding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread