Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first spot I went to was an old park that got revamped a couple years ago and that's where I found the Mason's coin. The second spot I went to was on the way home I noticed a friend of mine out in his front yard so I stopped and showed him the Mason coin, then decided to do a little hunting across the street where there's an old defunct railroad bed and managed to find the Museum of Science and Industry token. The Masonic token was encrusted with a thick layer of rust because I think it was probably sandwiched between iron objects in an old ash pit but I managed to clean it up with peroxide and baking soda for stains. I am sure the Masonic coin is silver cause it cleaned up just like silver and it has that twang when you toss it on a wood surface.

Attachments

• Apr20.1.JPG
    Apr20.1.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Apr20.2.JPG
    Apr20.2.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 205
cool finds Giant, that silver mason token is a sweet find! :thumbsup: glad it cleaned up nice. What's the deal with the Museum of science token, I can't make sense of the letters and it they seem to overlap. nice couple of keepers there! :icon_thumleft:

postalgriff said:
cool finds Giant, that silver mason token is a sweet find! :thumbsup: glad it cleaned up nice. What's the deal with the Museum of science token, I can't make sense of the letters and it they seem to overlap. nice couple of keepers there! :icon_thumleft:
Griff I remember going to the museum when I was a kind and they had a machine there you could make these tokens on and the person who made it is probably the only one who could make sense of it, I tried but it didn't take long before I gave up.

Wow, Giant, that Masonic coin is sweet!! I'd love to snag one of those. Nice token too. HH dan

Couple nice keepers Giant, both cool! As for the token, is that the Chicago museum? I loved that place, went there when I was a kid. ffd

Neat finds Giant. :icon_thumright: Cool coin and Museum token. The Museum of Science & Industry is still a fun place to visit. :thumbsup:

HH

Nice couple of finds there :thumbsup:

I've been watching that masonic coin on the 'what is it' forum, pretty interesting, and great close up pics....but I don't think anyone has nailed it down yet. Hopefully someone will know exactly what that thing is, again sweet and unique find...some of that coin is hand engraved. :thumbsup:

Very cool finds Giant!!
Never seen a coin or token like those before. WTG! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back