April Barber My First

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to old reliable when the place I really wanted to hunt was up to my ankles in freshly graded mud. A four hour afternoon was looking like a bust with nothing but a couple dollars in clad when I got a jumpy one from 87 to 91 on my Pro. This area has seen an old school building razed a few years ago and the grounds re-graded. The Barber was only 4" to 5" deep near where an old walkway use to be from the front doors to the road. She's got some serious wear and a bit of some kind of tarnish on her but she's mine. 10th Silver this year.

Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! Jealous here!

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Im still looking for my first barber.

donfrancis46

Mar 22, 2013
Alor Star, Kedah Darulaman
Detector(s) used
will be buying one in middle of June most probably Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow nice finds and great hunting I am looking forward to my first metal detector which I am going to purchase in June 2013 thinking of Garret Ace 250 at first now not sure maybe I would get the At Pro if I have enough money

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice find hunter_46356!

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Francis I've only had the AT Pro for a couple mo. I've had two Bounty Hunters before that a 101 and a 505. The 505 was upgraded with a DD coil and it did pretty good. Garrett make some good products but before you buy take my advice and do the research on the Pro. Watch the videos. I really think this unit give you a lot of bang for the buck. Once you get thru the learning curve you should be digging a lot less trash and a lot more treasure. I've been trying to call my digs from what the Pro is telling me before I actually dig. I'm somewhere around 80% of the time I'm calling it right. Pop tops and screw lids still get me but if you wanna dig gold and silver jewelry these you won't get away from sometimes. Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread