Aprils Finds, & Leon gets to go racing :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
April's Finds, & Leon gets to go racing :)

Hello all,,,
It's been a while since my last confession/post. :) I don't believe I even replied to the last post I did make, for which, I will apologize to all the people who replied to it. Seems like every year I get to go out and freeze my buns off during the winter, then when spring gets here, I am simply too busy to get out. :(

Anyway, the few times I was able to get out in April were some fairly nice hunts.
Pictured below are a few of the keepers for the month. First is a "Harley Davidson" belt buckle which is made of pewter, I believe, and has a copyright date of 1982. It also has a serial number on it as well, but I can't seem to find any info on it.
Harley.jpg

This next item is a neat little football award/medal. The design looks to be fairly old, but there is no date, or identifying marks on it to confirm it's age.
Football07.jpg

The last item is a large lipstick tube which is in the best condition of any I have found to date.
LipTubeBanded.jpg

also found two wheat pennies and did fairly well on clad with a total of about $9 dollars, which is a new monthly record for me. :)

Another bit of good news, which I am ecstatic about, is that my brother won a contest from Marlboro and we get to goto the Indy 500 compliments of Marlboro, and Penske racing. We get access to their VIP tent, a pit pass, grandstand seats, and best of all, we get to take a hot-lap around the track.:) Not sure about all the details, but I guess, and am hoping, it will be in one of the two seater cars. Sure wish I could drive myself. I don't like riding with other people, but I'm sure who ever will be driving will do a good job of it, I hope.

I was born, and raised, in the neighborhood just east of the backstrech and have always been a big fan of the race so getting to go around the track in a real? Indy car will surely be another one of my dreams come true.
I done some short track racing myself back a few years ago, but never dreamed I would ever have the chance to fly around the track at Indy, I can't wait. I'm taking my camera and will post a few pics of the adventure, and maybe even a short video of my brother, and myself, taking the hot laps...

I wish you all the best of luck for May, and will try to find the time to post, and reply to a few post this month.
Good luck to all, and Happy hunting~

Upvote 0

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: April's Finds, & Leon gets to go racing :)

Went to Indy in 89 and sat 50 feet back, across from the pits. The fury of 33 cars heading into turn one on the first lap is the greatest thing I've ever witnessed in sports! Enjoy the experience!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Leon,

nice group of finds; thanks for
posting.

Come around more often ;) ;D

Hope you find a bunch this summer.

Have a ball at the race. ;D

have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Nice finds Leon,

Thew race sounds like it is going to be alot of fun. Hanging out with your brother will be a good time. I heard those races are really exciting to be at.

HH Jer

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

nice stuff leon. a friend of mine got to drive around the track at dover a few years ago. he had a blast! you are in for a treat! ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds Leon! Awesome you and your Bro get to do the Indy experience up close, post the pics. I feel like I just got off the track, was cruising at 240 KPM or 150 MPH on the way to where I work this evening. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thanks a bunch all,,,
Thank you "bogeymcq, for the link. I will definitely check into that...
I'm sure the trip to Indy will be one to remember, I already have many, many memories of the place, and I'm sure this one will end up being towards the top of the list...
Good luck to you all, & Happy hunting~

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Great finds. I like the Harley buckle.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread