Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
Oh goodness, the depression could not have come at a worse time. Working 70-80 hours per week. Then, for the first time . . . I am feeling very depressed over CRH! I have had bank X for almost 2 years. I roll in today to pick up a couple of boxes of dimes to tide me over until Friday whereas I pick up 6 boxes of halves every week. One teller informs me that they will not be able to order my halves this week, and possibly next week, because it is "tax season." Of course my last six boxes from this bank finally gives up over 3 oz of silver. I am not a big "depositor"--but I do keep 5K minimum in my account.

I smile and say "thank you." I am about to have a stroke and hissy fit, but I do not show it. I have been very good to this bank. Bring lunch. Give lotto tickets and I even tip at least $10 every time for the pizza fund. I am very nice to the tellers. Oh, I have a massive headache right now.

Geez. I am trying to figure out the best way to approach this. Otherwise, I may have a dump bank on my hands . . . and look for a new supplier. CRH is not only a hobby for me, it is truly a good way for me to relieve stress from a very stressful job.

Found 2 Roosies, 1 War, 1 2009-D Proof Nickel tonight,

apush :read2:

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush , Sorry for your disappointment , let me ask you - what is your area like for other supply
banks ? to tide you over until things get back to normal . I don't do anything like your volume ,
more like two or three boxes a week , but I set up with multiple banks - so if one doesn't have
them , another does . When I can't get boxes -for whatever reasons , I cruise around and ask
for rolls at every bank I can get to . I know you are discouraged , but chin up ! It's going to
come back around for you . Argentium.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apush said:
1 2009-D Proof Nickel tonight,

first off i am sorry to hear you did not get your boxes this week or even next week. i do have a question are you sure that nickel you found was a proof i always thought proofs were minted in the (S)an fran mint.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOu will find a dream box soon.

What do you do that make you work 70-80 hrs per week?

DW

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darth Walker said:

DW
she must work for the state, I worked 14 hrs a day 6 days a week then off 3 and had to come in on a off day under staffed and over buget. Hang in there. ask another bank for boxes they might help you out

keep you hobby the stress is not worth it!!! :)

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darth Walker said:

DW

Teacher I suspect. The only job where you are contracted to work 7:30-3:15, but expected to put in another 4 hours after the bell rings. Criminal really. The summers do help though.

There is NOTHING worse than walking into a bank expecting to buy halves and walking out empty handed, truly ruins my day. Happened to me three times this week.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think one time she said she was a teacher. but i think she also said she was near retirement.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush,
Hang in there, i'd personally give this bank a few more tries.
Nice find on the proof nickel, I have only come across 2 proof nickels in the years I have been doing this wonderful hobby.
Good luck with the situation, and good luck with the 6 boxes of halves coming in!
HH,
BuffaloBoy :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it was a 2009-S, not D. Assistant Principal.

Thank you for all the encouragement. :icon_sunny:

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
APUSH,

hang tight...don't get hasty. Give them at least a month before converting to a dumper. Maybe they are sincere, just busy. With that said, I have had the same scenario go the other way and they stopped ordering all together. But, I dropped off quite a few "presents" (or presidents-specifically, Kennedy) for them that I thought they'd enjoy the other day....so it worked out. :)
SC

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush your having withdrawals. :laughing9: :laughing9: Like was said above give them their two weeks to do their taxes all banks have to do them then everything will probably get back to normal. They didn't say they where going to stop ordering for you, just hold off for two weeks at that bank.
They also probably like you for bring them their little presents so don't feel bad they need to do what they have to do.
Good Luck and Cheer Up I hate to see a good lady down.
:laughing9:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope it turns around Apush, not sure what tax season would have to do it with it, but maybe they are auditing their vault records or something and limiting what comes in/out until the audit is done?

I dunno just a thought.

Bigheed

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apush said:
Hi All,
Oh goodness, the depression could not have come at a worse time. Working 70-80 hours per week. Then, for the first time . . . I am feeling very depressed over CRH! I have had bank X for almost 2 years. I roll in today to pick up a couple of boxes of dimes to tide me over until Friday whereas I pick up 6 boxes of halves every week. One teller informs me that they will not be able to order my halves this week, and possibly next week, because it is "tax season." Of course my last six boxes from this bank finally gives up over 3 oz of silver. I am not a big "depositor"--but I do keep 5K minimum in my account.

I smile and say "thank you." I am about to have a stroke and hissy fit, but I do not show it. I have been very good to this bank. Bring lunch. Give lotto tickets and I even tip at least $10 every time for the pizza fund. I am very nice to the tellers. Oh, I have a massive headache right now.

Geez. I am trying to figure out the best way to approach this. Otherwise, I may have a dump bank on my hands . . . and look for a new supplier. CRH is not only a hobby for me, it is truly a good way for me to relieve stress from a very stressful job.

Found 2 Roosies, 1 War, 1 2009-D Proof Nickel tonight,

It almost never fails that on the rare occasion when my order bank forgets to order, that my boxes had been producing "above average." It is frustrating.

I don't understand how "tax season" would prohibit a bank from ordering your boxes of halves. I would assume they're still ordering boxes for "normal" banking business, and I don't see where adding a "6" to an order sheet or typed into a computer would be any more hassle during tax season than any other season. Still, I have never worked in a bank, so in essence I have no idea. :dontknow:

The way I see it, you have 3 options: 1. You possibly do without these 6 boxes until tax season is over. 2. You increase the dimes and nickels searched until tax season is over to make up the difference. 3. You try and find a new supply bank(s).

What I personally would do is probably wait one more week. If there are no boxes next week, then I go with option 3. If another order bank(s) cannot be found, then I go with option 2. In fact, I would be looking for new order banks now. If they will order, then I would go ahead and place an order for 6 boxes (or however many I wanted). If your regular bank comes through next week, then you'll just have extra boxes. I would rather have extra boxes than no boxes - especially if they have been producing. I would not go with option 1 unless I was more or less forced to do so.

Also, my days of bringing lunch, lotto tickets, and donating to the pizza fund would probably be over. I realize that it is mostly the tellers that benefit from this, and that the tellers have little to no influence on whether the boxes get ordered or not. However, I personally wouldn't go "above and beyond" for a bank that doesn't reciprocate the favor.

Hope it all works out! Hang in there! :icon_thumleft:

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apush said:
Yes, it was a 2009-S, not D. Assistant Principal.

Thank you for all the encouragement. :icon_sunny:

i was wondering about it if it was a D(enver) minted nickel being a proof. see she does work for the school system.

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always got depressed too when the banks didn't order for me on a particular week, or on some cases even two. However, I'd have to say that I got you beat. I just found out that I will moving overseas in a few months, so my CRH days will be over for at least three years :(. It's getting harder and harder to find silver now, in three years it might just be nonexistent. So the moral of the story is...it could always be worse ;D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread