apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an educational seminar about 35 miles from work today. Made myself stop at 5 banks along the way. That is all I had time for, as I had to go back and close the buses. 3 of 5 had no halves; 1 of 5 only had $5.50--all clad. Did manage at last bank (in which I almost passed up) $8.50 in halves. Spur of the moment, I asked the teller if they had any large quantities in the vault. She comes back with one of those canvas bags and says we have $200.00 in this bag--how many do you want? I say, of course, all. This was a lesson well learned; that is, always ask for the "vault." Also, as it was raining heavily, I pulled an "Obe" and went thru the drive-thru. :laughing9:

Not much of a haul at all, but better than an el skunk-o. The bag netted 1-1964 plus 6-40%ers. Better than some boxes I have pulled. Plus I got to keep the canvas bag. Nice teller. And, it did not cost me any gas, since it was right off the highway.

Cheers & HSH,
apush :read2:

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice score apush!!! :icon_thumleft: I love getting free canvas coin bags too! :laughing7: I bought a $253.50 mixed bag of Ikes and halves from a bank near my doctor's office yesterday and it was el-skunko!!! It was neat that the teller said she had a bag and I was excited to buy it but no bag luck for me thus far!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. Just a plain ol' canvas bag. It did have a purple sticky note attached that simply stated "$200.00 in halves." Guess so the vault teller did not have to always recount.

apush :read2:

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250
Congrats on the find my last bag of 500 dollars had 1 1968 . happy hunting RON

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Apush! I love those old canvas coin bags. I have a couple and they stand the test of time!
Keep hitting those banks up! :icon_thumright:

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
You get a plain bag and embroidery machine and you can be like me and Yo Sammidy Sam.

IMG_0254.jpg
:laughing7: :laughing7:

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you score apush, gotta love those little road trips :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

Top Member Reactions