apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I picked up 4 boxes of halves which produced 6-90%rs & 52-40%rs. Best boxes I have had in a long time. 8 boxes last week only produced 2 keepers.

I picked up a lone box this afternoon. I had a football game tonight (we lost :(). When I got home around 10:00 PM, Mr. Apush had hit the sack, so I decided to hit that box. I feel like Mr. Hartford & Rileyboy. :)

Here are the results:

1 Walker
21-Bens (this is crazy!--no key dates, just plain ol' junk silver--but happy to have)
16-1964s
3-40%rs
1-50 cent coin from Ecuador (it was so shiny too)

This is my first mini-dream box. 38 90% in one box. I know it is not a dream box by most folks' standards, but it is for this ol' gal. :icon_sunny:

Someday I will buy a decent camera to post pics. Have to wait till after my kid's wedding.

HSH,
apush :read2:

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds pretty dreamy to me...that box must have been exciting to tear through!!! :thumbsup:

Congratulations on one amazing score!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Nice cull, APUSH. Mr. APUSH had to be getting jealous seeing Mr. Ben flirting with you. Hurry and order more, you have hit a silver vein. Mine it for all that it is worth.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Very dreamy especialy with silver so high! I have to agree that you may be onto a silver vein. I've had that happen before, I got a box from one branch of a bank and hit it good, so I went back and got about 10 more great boxes from the same location with similar results then it dried up.

I hope that is what you're into here! If so, play it for all it's worth :headbang:

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Smokes! That is an insane score on Bens for one box. Only thing I love more than Bens are Walkers, and you got one of those too.

Congrats on a GREAT find. :icon_thumright:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
coincrawlin said:
Holy Smokes! That is an insane score on Bens for one box. Only thing I love more than Bens are Walkers, and you got one of those too.

Congrats on a GREAT find. :icon_thumright:

Everyone likes finding Walkers, but lately I enjoy finding Bens much more. The Walkers that are found are usually very well circulated except for the few gems here and there. When you find Bens, they are typically in very good shape except for the few that were used for circulation. I've found that a roll of high grade Bens fetch more than a well circulated roll of Walkers. Either way, silver is silver and it is always nice to find it at face. Sorry APUSH for hijacking. Now we return for continued congratulation postings...

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
14 ounces of silver in one box WOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. That doesn't happen too often. Could be that you got the first half of a large silver dump. I'd go back to that bank and get some more boxes. You never know.
Any Benders in that box? (I couldn't wait to use that term :laughing7: ).
HH
Rich

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Apush,
Now that's a great box. Couldn't be happier for you as you have
put in a lot of time searching the half boxes. Seeing all those Ben
Franklins must have made your heart jump. Now it's my turn. It's
been very slow where I am, but I feel something big will happen
for me soon. Just have to keep at it.
Once again...Congrats on your nice score.
rileyboy

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hijack, please, Diver_Down. You always have great advise and I need those "pearls of wisdom."

apush :read2:

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
14 ounces of silver in one box WOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. That doesn't happen too often. Could be that you got the first half of a large silver dump. I'd go back to that bank and get some more boxes. You never know.
Any Benders in that box? (I couldn't wait to use that term :laughing7: ).
HH
Rich

I Love Benders!!! :laughing7:

Again, amazing results apush -- get some more boxes from that bank asap!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
That's alot of Bens in one box! I agree with the others about getting more boxes from that bank. Looking forward to the results :thumbsup:

Congrats on that score and HH!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score apush, glad to see you hit :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

MauserMan

Jun 7, 2010
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Sweet box!!! That's how it's done! :notworthy:
I'm officially getting my first box of halves on Wednesday. I hope your luck rubs off on me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread