Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas All!

5 Boxes on Monday evening: All skunks except one. A single keeper--1968 with a hole at the top--better than nothing. And, Mr. Apush found that one. He laughed at our sole keeper not even being a full 40%er due to the "hole." :icon_sunny:

Searching the bag of dimes I bought Monday. Thus far 2 Rosies, 5 1/2 cents (1 of the cents had been halved), 1 Canadian dime, and the general trash. First bag of dimes I have searched--rim searching only.

HSH,
apush :read2:

Upvote 0

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 37%er is better than a skunk. Good luck with the rest of the dimes.

HH

Nick

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
apush said:
Merry Christmas All!

5 Boxes on Monday evening: All skunks except one. A single keeper--1968 with a hole at the top--better than nothing. And, Mr. Apush found that one. He laughed at our sole keeper not even being a full 40%er due to the "hole." :icon_sunny:

Searching the bag of dimes I bought Monday. Thus far 2 Rosies, 5 1/2 cents (1 of the cents had been halved), 1 Canadian dime, and the general trash. First bag of dimes I have searched--rim searching only.

HSH,
apush :read2:

Congratulations to Mr. Apush on the "hole in one". Good luck on the remainder of the dime bag. Wish I could still get those dime bags as they can be good producers.
Merry Christmas
Rich

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Apush,
Hope you at least enjoyed the beers while you were searching. Ha! At least it's
quality time with your husband.
rileyboy

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush,
Congrats to Mr. Apush! Perhaps you should just have him waive his hand over your rolls, share the luck. :laughing9: I like it when the Bride hunts rolls with me, but its a pinch when she pulls the good ones! :o
Hang in there and keep hitting the Halves. I like working the dimes too, but the dates are so small that unless you edge hunt it is almost like work! :wink:
Merry Christmas,
Steve

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
You got something.. better than skunks. I remember the first Frankie I got from CRH had a hole in it. I called the local BofA, asked for them to gather all they had $150 worth. I got that holed 1952 Frankie. I thought it was so cool that I got a Frankie despite the hole. I remember I put into a plastic cardboard flip holder. Still got it in there. I remember I went to a coin shop later to ask what kind of grade it was. He said it can't be graded since it has a hole. I then asked "what if it doesn't have a hole?". The guy got upset and said it was not possible to grade it period and was highly irritated. Despite that I was very happy I got a coin for face value that otherwise I would've had to buy at a coin shop. I was hooked on this since.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread