Aquapulse A1B

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
For all of you experts out there using the Aquapulse machine I need some help on the settings? Do you guys run it with a threshold? I notice if I have a threshold that the machine seems to false more with the salt water and the sea floor? Can someone help me with this?

9k=

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Turn the threshold up where it does not go off and test it over a piece of metal. Turn the sensitivity to max.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Aquapulse 1a. I run mine just at the of point silence. I may lose a tad of sensitivity operating this way, but it sure doesn't seem to be much.

Last edited:

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to hear some threshold, which may only be one or two clicks within several seconds.
Because there is no SAT (Self Adjusting Threshold) on the AQ1B, the unit can drift way below "just silent" and may require a half or full turn of the SET AUDIO to bring it back in range. There is a definite reduction in sensitivity but it is more of a case of the unit may be alerting you to a signal but may not be able to ramp up the signal to something that you can actually hear.
It is tempting to run the unit silent because you can avoid (can't hear) any EMI or saturated audio from a range of factors.
With bigger targets then the unit will respond with something you can hear even if you are below a silent audio.
I am prepared to put up with some noise because I want to also pick up the smaller targets as well. My left thumb and forefinger are nearly always positioned on the SET AUDIO control and so I tweak/tune it regularly.
I hope this helps and makes some sense.
HH
Tony.

PS....I believe Jollymon is looking for bigger targets so the way he runs his detector is perfect.

Last edited:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to hear some threshold, which may only be one or two clicks within several seconds.
Because there is no SAT (Self Adjusting Threshold) on the AQ1B, the unit can drift way below "just silent" and may require a half or full turn of the SET AUDIO to bring it back in range. There is a definite reduction in sensitivity but it is more of a case of the unit may be alerting you to a signal but may not be able to ramp up the signal to something that you can actually hear.
It is tempting to run the unit silent because you can avoid (can't hear) any EMI or saturated audio from a range of factors.
With bigger targets then the unit will respond with something you can hear even if you are below a silent audio.
I am prepared to put up with some noise because I want to also pick up the smaller targets as well. My left thumb and forefinger are nearly always positioned on the SET AUDIO control and so I tweak/tune it regularly.
I hope this helps and makes some sense.
HH
Tony.

PS....I believe Jollymon is looking for bigger targets so the way he runs his detector is perfect.

Well said.

I know I am losing some sensitivity, but for shipwreck coins and relics, the likelihood of missing something seems remote.

If I used my Aquapulse for modern jewelry hunting I would alter my approach and try to tune the machine more precisely, but for me the trade off is just not worth it.

I do occasionally adjust the threshold to make sure it hasn't drifted off too far in the wrong direction.

By the way, Tony, keep us posted if you run into any good shipwreck related stuff down there !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread