Aquapulse PI vs Minelab Excalibur which goes deeper??

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Hi everyone I am going to get another detector after I get my taxes done, hopefully I will get money back!! But was wondering which detector to go with? I have been doing some research and don't know which detector to go with, I need something that goes deep!! I hear PI's are the best for depth but don't know which machine to go with either I get the Aquapulse or Minelab Excalibur and I need your help deciding!! I will be mostly using it to look for lost coins and jewelry at the beach, so the items are small!! I do alot of scuba diving and need something that will be comfortable and easy to use. Hope to hear from all of your to help me make a good decision!! Aloha ;D

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A PI will definetly go deeper. But an Excal will be able to discriminate to a certain point. I dig it all. Depending on how big a coil and the speed of the pulses you might get 50% deeper of more on small gold than an Excal. I know if you disc out certain things, you definetly lose depth and you could lose rings with it, since it might disc them out. Did you ever get Mr Bill to upgrade your Whites? I have seen that the Whites factory will upgrade a regular Surfmaster PI to a PI pro. I dont know if Mr Bill is around anymore. That will make it much more sensitive to gold jewelry.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A duck is a duck and a burger is a burger some people like more Burger King others like Wendys and Pete loves those burgers from Squidlips......What I am trying to say id that they are both great MDs....

In my humble opinion I like more the Aquapulse and the JW Fisher Pulse X8 both are user friendly(simple to use)...in our group we have 2 Aquapulse and 3 JW Fisher X8.....

Another great MD for its price 650.00 is the Garrett Sea Hunter MK II VS. the above mentioned that are in the 1,300s Plus all the bells and whistles, prove, 18inch hand held coil, etc., etc.

All the best,

Chagy.......

OP
OP
M

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Mad4Wrecks why are you selling your Minelab? Is it because this machine can't compete with the Aquapulse for depth? Just wondering because everyone has been agreeing that the Minelab is such a good machine. Curious on your decision to sell this machine? Thanks & Aloha ;D

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It's because I have a mortgage and enjoy eating!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread