Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So? What do you think?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overkill Overkill said:
I've heard (and seen) some really good things about this PI unit, but can't seem to find much info. about them through a Google search. Anybody know anything about them? They seem extremely powerful - more so than Excalibur?

It is not a PI, it is a TR unit...

They are good, but also very expensive, last I heard $3500+ new, and none used that I have seen, also expensive to repair, black sand is their worst enemy, the Aquasound must be used away from any black sands. The cleaner and whiter the sand the the deeper it goes.

Tuning the machine is also critical, usually maximised after about 10 minutes of use from what I have read. The coil loves to be submerged in water where the electronics can be really wound up. It is a very high powered TR unit (52V to the coil in high powered mode).

It is my understanding they can tell the difference between bottle caps and gold, but not pull tabs and gold.

I have read that with "good" tuning 18" is about right and "great" tuning about 20". Tuning incorporates getting both the "Null" controls really tight and then the volume/threshold down really low, again just what I have read from posts on other websites....I do not own nor have I used one.

I do not think it would be a good detector for Missouri which has a lot of black sand deposits, also not really a novice detector......

Off hand I know The Bulgarian owns one, and I think Snookson owns one so they can give better answers but..............................

WHY don't you just get a good detector and learn to hunt, instead of trying to find a magic detector, or always trying to re-invent the wheel..

This is starting to get really old!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Perhaps if there were less responses, there would be less questions!

Think about it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montauk3 said:
Perhaps if there were less responses, there would be less questions!

Think about it!

:icon_thumright:.....Most questions from most new hunters not a problem, but...................

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montauk3 said:
So? What do you think?

Yeah, what do you think of it?

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Would'nt work well here in the Islands as we have lots and lots of volcanic black sand. As for the price, I would get two Minelab excals instead and be set up real nice.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sflsweeper said:
Montauk3 you sound like a real tool.... Are you trying to be funny or is that your real persona???? ;D

You need to reseach some of O/K's posts and you would know why the replies are what they are.......

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
sflsweeper said:
Montauk3 you sound like a real tool.... Are you trying to be funny or is that your real persona???? ;D
Bite me!

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
I believe he is referring to the Aquapulse used by many
of the pro salvors.And yes it is very powerful and very
rugged,but not really for beach and jewelery hunting.
It is a pulse machine and you will dig everything.It
has a great coil selection,some of which are hugh.
The headphones and coils are detachable,with Ikelite
fittings similar to the Excal.Nice machines,but not as
popular with the wading crowd.Look in the Shipwreck forum
and you will see them being worn on the BC's of a lot of
the divers.Might want to stick to the Excal,CZ20,etc. for
hobby use.Good luck and HH Joe

stevefisher7767

Jun 6, 2009
Hampstead N.C.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5,Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Minelab Excalibur II 800, Excal 1000 blue, Excal II 1000, Sovereign Elite.
Primary Interest:
AQUASOUND or AQUAPULSE and i dont care if it cost 10,ooo dollars, you still have to decide if its worth digging or not. Lets not put a price tag on what we call our exciting ,and let me enjoy my Hobbie of digging.(that is what we do?)

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a aquasound MD today.A friend of mine gave it to me.He bought it 2 years ago off of ebay and never used it.It was orginally made by american electronics.Ill get some pics of it later tonight.Its identical to the unit up above.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
I just got a aquasound MD today.A friend of mine gave it to me.He bought it 2 years ago off of ebay and never used it.It was orginally made by american electronics.Ill get some pics of it later tonight.Its identical to the unit up above.
You have the very old version of it.The new one is more powerful and going more deeper.
Anyway it is the best water metal detector in the world for withe send. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im willing to bet that whoever is custom making the aquasounds now has just copied the circuit board from the old one.All the chips have names on them and the board is simple to make.All off the shelf parts too.Post up some pics of your board and ill do the same,lets see if they are identical.Who is the maker of the new aquasound?Have a email or phone number for him?As my first generation aquasound is a dead and need of repair.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
Im willing to bet that whoever is custom making the aquasounds now has just copied the circuit board from the old one.All the chips have names on them and the board is simple to make.All off the shelf parts too.Post up some pics of your board and ill do the same,lets see if they are identical.Who is the maker of the new aquasound?Have a email or phone number for him?As my first generation aquasound is a dead and need of repair.
The coil is completely different.The chip is change to.Other wise everything is the same.
The machine is 25% more deep than the old one.
Also the best under water headphones made ever.
Soon they will be available for public.
Coming Soon Team Orca Sound.
animal%20-%20Orca%20Whale.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bulgarian said:
Also the best under water headphones made ever.
Soon they will be available for public.
Coming Soon Team Orca Sound.

:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread