Aquavision pro underwater m d

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. part of China ??? I got to test three different underwater detectors for a chain of dive shops that thought a cheap U/W machine would be a good seller. The Aquavision, the MD 3080 and the, hang on I've forgotten the name, but its one of the E-Bay specials and looks/is indentical to the 3080.
All have the same coil and controls. The Aquavision has a slightly neater design control box. The headphones all matched, shafts etc. Paint finish on the stems was terrible. The alloy tube could be seen through the finish in many places.
The design of all three, pinpointing light etc all appear to be a direct rip off of the Fisher 1280. Difference is that on minimum discrimination these machines only had at most two thirds of the depth of the Fisher (and HeadHunter Wader and Diver models) even though these cheap machines have a larger coil.
At the lowest setting the machines were still over-discriminating. Increase discrim. and the performance dropped off at an alarming rate compared to the U.S. machines.
All were waterproof but the control knob shafts soon started to get stiff as salt water attacked them.
Try by all means they may have improved build/performance over the last year but don't buy without a demonstration.

OP
OP
M

mckinney01

Jan 18, 2006
Sewickley Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT./ Detectorpro HH PI../Excalibur 2
I have an xlt now and would like to experiment in the surf..
I didn't want to make a huge investment...
since I have already have with the xlt.
I am making a trip to beach in March
and wanted to experiment

any suggestions???

thanx
mckinney01

NCHermit

Dec 15, 2005
I think I'd go with a Whites PI pro or Tesoro sandshark.They keep their value for resale if you decide it's not for you.I doubt you could get much for a used cheap machine.

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
mckinney01 said:
I have an xlt now and would like to experiment in the surf..
I didn't want to make a huge investment...
since I have already have with the xlt.
I am making a trip to beach in March
and wanted to experiment

any suggestions???

thanx
mckinney01
If you have a local dealer you could rent a detector and see if you like it first

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mckinney

what do u not understand about the word J U N K

u have been told on all the other forums................by many

save u money by beer, drugs, roses for your wife...............anything

OP
OP
M

mckinney01

Jan 18, 2006
Sewickley Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT./ Detectorpro HH PI../Excalibur 2
Thanks to all I think I'll take the xlt and stay shallow

mckinney01

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an XLT amongst other machines but much as I like it on land or dry sand I would not go in the water with it. One slip and its scrap and they plain don't like salt water. Turn off boost and fiddle and it will work, just not well. You really do need to check out a few detectors that will handle salt conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions