ARA

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I got my check from ARA this afternoon and I am going to pickup my new detector first thing tomorrow morning. I am going to get a White's dual field PI. Yes, I know I'm going to be digging a lot but I've always wanted a PI machine to go in my arsenal. Now I will have one.

As for my CZ-20 **sigh** I called Fisher about repairing it and all the waiting and aggravation is starting all over again. I love my CZ and I wish there was somewhere else to take it but since it is under a lifetime warranty... I have to deal with them. This is why I wanted another machine to use as a back up when this one has to go in for repairs. It takes them sooooooo long. They don't call back when they say they will. I know this is going to really aggravate me big time but at least I will have another machine to fall back on and I can still hunt.

Hooray ARA! They did exceptional and were pretty darn fast. I got my stones back. I only sent in one ring with stones but they sent them back to me with a complete breakdown and I am very happy with dealing with them. I want to thank all the gng's on here that said what a good company they were to deal with. That is why I sent my gold into them instead of going to one of those "we buy gold" places you see all over. I am sad about Fisher but I'm happy I'm getting a new detector thanks to ARA!

:wink:

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Mumszie, Welcome to the world of PI. I suspect you will like it. I've also had good luck with ARA.

I've had my White's Surfmaster PI+ for about 2-1/2 years and it's one of my best buys. In the beginning I only dug the loud signals and that was a mistake as some of the real deep, whisper signals are the best finds. My particular PI is very "expressive" in terms of sound and I can usually tell the denomination of coins. Bobby pins and nails do the double blip ...BUT a coin or ring on edge will have a double blip also...so beware. Aluminum bits are a pain but hopefully in the water there will be less of them.

My particular PI is also less sensitive to small gold but with the Dual Field it's much improved. I'm jealous.

Practice on the wet and dry sand.

HH Joe

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie you had a bad experience with fisher while they were going through the company transition!!!!!!!!! i can almost guarantee that wont happen again!
they will convert your cz20 to a cz21. same internal components but they changed the pinpoint button and did away with the led lights since they were prone to leaking. cost is around $300.00 but you are getting a brand new machine. you have to call felix and get a r.a.number first.
chuck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See Mumszie, I told you ARA would treat you right. You will like the dual field too.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Sandman said:
See Mumszie, I told you ARA would treat you right. You will like the dual field too.

Boy, I sure hope I like it! Everyone around here is telling me I won't like it because I'll have to dig so much but I've always wanted a PI machine and I think this one is going to be just what I wanted. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions