Minelab Explorer XS

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
so for filling in as the president till they get another one -- she goes from $112,000 per year to 238,000 and even after they find a replacement president she still gets 75% of her "president" base salary of 200,000 or $150,000 still a 38,000 boost over her current 112,000 ( over $3,000 a month extra) ---not bad.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that's why they can't afford to dig their relics and artifacts out of the ground...

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
BuckleBoy said:
So that's why they can't afford to dig their relics and artifacts out of the ground...

That's a certainly a fair statement....but I think it's also pretty strong evidence that shows she in particular stands to lose alot by allowing anyone other than priviledged archaeologists to explore and recover wrecks. One quote that I read from another story regarding this appointment is that she is a fanatical fundraiser for her archaeology projects.

Wouldn't you just love to take a peek in her home to see all the relics she decided to keep for herself? The archaeology institute/museum at U.W.F. has about as many things on display as your average metal detectorist has in their garage. It's amazing that with all the funding and free student labor working their wrecks has only amounted to a few busted up relics. Oh but I'm sure everything is simply in storage ::)

Pcola

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
RELICDUDE07 said:
And this pcola from the hawkshaw site ;D

LOL...they probably spent 12 years putting that together...although I do think the Native American stuff is very worthy of their resources.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Power corrupts..absolute power corrupts absolutely. Bense..aAnother example of a bureaucrat sooo over her head she is totally out of touch with reality.

Having been involved with historic preservation over the decades, I have no use for most state officials. Look at 'em..no accountability for their actions, totally protected job with bennies, all at the expense of the taxpayers they jerk around. Frankly, most couldn't make it in the real world, so they cower behind a state nametag and dictate their pathetic platforms in the name of Archaeology or preservation.

Your tax dollars at work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread