Archaeology in Cuba

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
All people interested in Caribbean and Latin American Archaeology should visit the web page Cuba Arqueologica (http://www.cubaarqueologica.org).

Here you can find a Digital Library (Biblioteca) with hundreds of papers and books of the Antilles, including old ones, which are of very limited distribution. Access to every resource of Cuba Arqueologica is totally free. Also, you can find published issues of the electronic journal Cuba Arqueológica, the official publication of the site. Beginning in 2008, this peer-reviewed and open-access journal has published 5 issues and 2 special numbers.

Guidelines for publishing papers in Cuba Arqueológica can be found at the final pages in any of the previously published issues. The Web page is in Spanish and issues of the electronic journal are in Spanish with abstracts in English. Contact: Odlanyer Hernández de Lara

([email protected])

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Thanks for the link- i would love to hunt around Cuba.That Cuba anyway,how many did the spanish have ?I think i have found #5 as of now.

flipper123

Greenie
Jan 11, 2011
caribbean
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
You can go to Cuba.....

Just fly to Cancun Mexico and from here you can take the Cubanair to Havanna for some bucks. In Havanna you don´t get a stamp in your passport- just a stamp on a pice of paper, attached to yout passport. When u leafe, they stamp you out and you can remove the paper.

Thats what I know from some american guys I knew here in Mexico.

I guess a lot of americans visit cuba every year this way, other use canada as flightplatform.

For shure you will find more information in the web.

have a nice trip :)

signumops

Feb 28, 2007
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Aqua-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in the Keys for 12 years and worked in Key West. That was about 11 years ago. Even then people from the Conch Republic would sail over to Cuba and back, and they did it fairly frequently. Local Cubans were permitted to go back at least once a year if they had family there, and they were allowed to take x amount of cash to their families.

I really miss the Cuban people and was always really PO'd that I was never able to visit the island from the mainland. You know, the end of Duval Street in Key West is where the ferry used to leave for the daily cruise to Havana.

On the other hand, the Cuban expats here in Florida have a legitimate ax to grind with the Fidelistas. Too bad for all of us. Things could have been so much sweeter.

I know that Bobadilla spent time there and he could tell us quit a bit. But I think he is pretty busy right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread