May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were asked again by one of our land-owners to help out on another Archie dig before they sell it for housing. The development site will eat up about 50% of one of our Roman Sites. Thankfully we have nearly bleed it dry. It was an Archie Unit that we haven't worked with yet & they were very impressed with Cru'dad's GPS map of the site which they will likely use as an annex to their report. There were 43 trenches but we were only interested in cover the best 8 of them. (30 of them were actually blanks) It only took us just short of 3 hours to complete & they were very happy with the result;
(sorry forgot the camera)
2 Roman Coins, IDed for them.
Roman Nails
18th C decorated Horse Harness Strap Guide
Hammered Commonwealth 1 Penny 1649-60

We then spent 3 hours on Brooch Field & did pretty well;

18 Roman Coins - 1 of Quintillus (Rare find, only a few months reign), & a Griffin reverse of Gallienus (one I need, I think)
3 Broken Fibula
1 OK Fibula
2 Roman Hair Pins
Bit of a Roman Bracelet
1913 Pigeon Ring (Earliest one found)
Roman Key bit

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 21

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds again! I was under the impression that the Archie's over there didn't like metal detectorists?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds again! I was under the impression that the Archie's over there didn't like metal detectorists?
That's an out-dated view. Some still are, but most see the benefits.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds as always, congratulations! :occasion14:

Working with the Achie has been an enjoyable experience for me!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few decades ago my Uncle found Roman coins, brooches, and fibulas in England while detecting during his time off while stationed there with the US Air Force when we kept B-52 bombers in the air constantly as a Russian aggression deterrent. His finds always fascinated me. From your posts I know that you've found countless Roman coins over the years. I'm just curious if when you find them if you ever think about and reflect upon the people who lost them and how the landscape looked during their time there. Where I'm located I'm lucky to ever find anything that dates even as much as 100 years back. I always enjoy seeing your finds. It always helps remind me of my Uncle who introduced me to this incredible hobby. Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
It would be nice if the ARCHIES weren't VERONICAS over here and let us hunt certain REV and CW sites with them...lol

NICE job as always CRU!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cru amazing finds again

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few decades ago my Uncle found Roman coins, brooches, and fibulas in England while detecting during his time off while stationed there with the US Air Force when we kept B-52 bombers in the air constantly as a Russian aggression deterrent. His finds always fascinated me. From your posts I know that you've found countless Roman coins over the years. I'm just curious if when you find them if you ever think about and reflect upon the people who lost them and how the landscape looked during their time there. Where I'm located I'm lucky to ever find anything that dates even as much as 100 years back. I always enjoy seeing your finds. It always helps remind me of my Uncle who introduced me to this incredible hobby. Thanks for sharing your pics with us.
Firstly it was my Uncle that introduced me to the hobby after being medically retired from the Army without the use of his legs. Metal Detecting in a wheelchair is not really possible, & I'm sure he had no idea what kind of passion he would kick off, even though I have always like History. (I was 11) It still took about another 10 years before Cru'dad caught the bug, as he was far less interested in History.
To answer your question, I'm constantly scanning the landscape for clues about where they would choose to live & Land-Mag & I have often discussed about what it may of looked liked, & if we could only pop back in a time-machine for 30 seconds to look around at some of our more important sites/discoveries - what it might tells us.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice if the ARCHIES weren't VERONICAS over here and let us hunt certain REV and CW sites with them...lol

NICE job as always CRU!!!
Yes, I gather that your relationships need more work, as they have a backwards view. A detector is just a tool like any other they might use, so at the very least they should learn to use one properly or like we find over here, they all have one in the back of the van & have no idea how to use it. That is why they prefer our help. However, it's only us that can build those bridges by offering our free assistance & offering up all the finds, that takes trust. Without them knowing your trusted, nothing will change. Trust is often built on experience or your reputation. (I'm adding to your statement & not directing this at you personally, this is to all of us)

Last edited:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More cool finds
Well done

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kudos to you and your Dad for the generous volunteer archeological work Cru. :occasion14:

In our hobby, a little help goes a long way to win you new friends/contacts.

Dave

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds as always. Congratulations!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds! Thanks for posting.
HH
dts

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes but, . . .
it is difficult to put one's best foot forward (as they too have reputations)
Bill
Yeap, we know of one Unit that has a bad attitude & out-dated Policies, not in keeping with the rest. Of course there has been some proof that the odd bad ones keep & sell objects they find, but it doesn't mean I going to tar them all with the same brush.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other