Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Fisher F2, Fisher F Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archies can't fill a hole?

Saw this pic online, and thought it was kind of ironic. Archies always give us crap saying we destroy history. Well look at this site they left. I see a lot of history exposed to the elements. Looks like they just dug up what they wanted and left. Isn't that exactly what they accuse us of? Swarming in digging up all the valuables and leaving nothing behind but holes.
archaeoligical-dig-site.jpg

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I have had people tell me after they let me dig in their yard they did'nt even know I was there.. That picture is kind of sad if they just dug what was valuable and left that mess...

OP
OP
MoJoe

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet if they were questioned about it, they would just say they had to leave it like that because they ran out of "funding". Yet one of their favorite lines is "We don't do it for the money".

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last three metal detecting trips

Attachments

• image-1520219950.jpg
    image-1520219950.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3946538178.jpg
    image-3946538178.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2436711147.jpg
    image-2436711147.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 106
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
duh ...they are not done with the dig. each level, the depth of the hole, allows the anthropologists access to a different time period...

study is not all that difficult

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not done?cool...perhaps you can show us the evidense of future funding and plans.I am most interested to know which university you are refering to.I'm quite sure with a quote like,"duh"that you have these facts...please share them with the rest of us.Especially me who has seen this before in my forest....ten years and waiting.

thanks for clearing the controversy up....we all owe you a debt of gratitude secret canyon...:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
MoJoe

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUH? REALLY? My photo is from an abandoned site. No one is working it. No equipment there. Just a bunch of holes!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those weren't really my holes i fill mine and only use a small trowel I try not to use it
As a weapon of mass destruction against our historical monuments

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pong same here... people that allow me to search their property always comment that they can't tell where I have dug. And I always go back to assure the lawn looks good and if need be I add a little grass seed to the plug but it is very rare that I need to do that but never hurts to check. I believe the key to hunting a yard is to be proficient at pin-pointing and digging the smallest plug possible and do it right. I place a towel down for those cases where I need to remove dirt from the hole. Practice, practice, practice... my neighbor who sometimes tags along with me is amazed how I can flip a plug over and presto there is the target. Know your coil, know where it's center is and practice.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
http://www.caerleon.net/history/dig/2008/index.html

archaeology - National Geographic Education
I should add this is the second post today, where soneome posts a pic an then degrades the answer..

the dig is unfinished...
I do not have the funding documents...but you know that...I doubt if you read the site you stole the photo from...
{ one cites photos an text when you borrow it for use...it is called copy write law...}
but, supported by ignorance an self righteous behavior one can only wonder where you learned...you insult an intelligent answer...'

yea...big DUH!

Last edited:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.caerleon.net/history/dig/2008/index.html

I should add this is the second post today, where soneome posts a pic an then degrades the answer..

the dig is unfinished...
I do not have the funding documents...but you know that...I doubt if you read the site you stole the photo from...
{ one cites photos an text when you borrow it for use...it is called copy write law...}
but, supported by ignorance an self righteous behavior one can only wonder where you learned...you insult an intelligent answer...'

yea...big DUH!

Your response was not intelligent it was condescending and rude that is why it was responded to harshly.
A photo used from a public sight with no monetary gain is not a copy write infringement .

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Priory Field Caerleon Dig 2008 Cardiff University and UCL Dr Peter Guest and Dr Andrew Gardner

the dig is unfinished...

yea...big DUH!
Man....ease up.Just because Obama is under attack you need not go overboard.DUH !!!!I said what I did because it is fact.Bunch of egghead liberal,stay out type university folks dug trenches in my forest ten years ago....fact....after they surveyed what they wanted to they recomended to the building dept.that we all have to pay for an archeologic review for any home improvements on our own land....fact....the trenches they dug are still friggin there....fact

DUH !!!! of course we get pissed.My deck permit cost an extra 300.00 so a smug little rat faced beurocrat could spend less than 1 minute on my land....I repeat...my land...and tell me he was going to allow me to do what I wished on my land.

DUH !!!!!!How dare you my friend....you have no right to take the high ground.The biggest danger I can imagine is folks automatically signing on to virtually anything the eggheads do.They are not exactly politacally unbiased.FACT !!!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread